Home

Old vs Next Gen

This is a discussion on Old vs Next Gen within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2007, 05:44 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: Old vs Next Gen

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogfan
Not having formation audibles is painful.
Yeah it is but the gameplay is better IMO. But I sure do wish I had those audibles.
Old 07-14-2007, 07:52 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 18

at least old gen has presentation and refs on the field. While the next-gen has no presentation and still have no refs on the field. And they dont have 1 AA schools, no clear visors, no formation audibles, no co-op man i could go on and on. Its funny how ncaa owns madden in presentation but now its the other way around. Im sticking on my ps2 until i see better upgrades. But im getting madden for the 360 because it u[grade better than NCAA especially in the presentation department.

Last edited by stateprop; 07-14-2007 at 07:55 PM.
Old 07-14-2007, 08:25 PM   #11
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
As for features, the Xbox and PS2 will have the formation audibles and on the fly audibles. But I'll be honest with you. I had to keep playing the NG 08. I played the hell out of 07 and it wasn't that good IMO. But the more I played 08 over the week although there are some issues, I think people will be getting a damn good football game. Game play wise to me it's NG or bust. The Xbox and PS2 have the audible system and deep playbooks still but the NG game has much deeper base game play IMO.
I thought the playbooks in NG are supposed to be much deeper and team specific this year. I've already read some people praising the Florida and Hawaii playbooks. Is it just a few teams that have these deeper team specific playbooks or did every team get the upgrade.

One of the things i didn't like in NCAA 07 360 were the playbooks (way too generic), which is part of the reason my version of choice was the PS2 version last year. Can someone confirm that all teams got the playbook upgrades.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2007, 08:31 PM   #12
Captain Sarcastic

OVR: 6

I thought I had read the campus legend was gone from current gen. It was stuff like that I wanted to confirm. That's what I loved playing, so that sucks that will be gone if it's true.
Old 07-14-2007, 09:08 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxzone
I thought I had read the campus legend was gone from current gen. It was stuff like that I wanted to confirm. That's what I loved playing, so that sucks that will be gone if it's true.
campus legend is still there on my PS2 version.

points pursuit is something new. I haven't played with it yet though
Old 07-14-2007, 09:29 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 12

guess I'm the oddball here.I've traded in my 360 and gone back to regular xbox. Four or Five Hundred dollar systems and 60 dollar games have priced me out of the next gen market at least until we have price drops and cooler processors.With the exception of NBA 2k7 ,I don't personally feel like any next gen title surpassed it's current gen sibling last year. So now it's my " greatest hits of sports gaming" plan for at least the next 6 to 9 months

NCAA Football 08 AND 2004
Madden 08
ESPN NFL 2k5
ESPN NHL 2k5
NBA 2k7
FIFA 07(08 if it comes)

I'm tired of expensive games with stripped down features
Old 07-14-2007, 09:47 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxt
I thought the playbooks in NG are supposed to be much deeper and team specific this year. I've already read some people praising the Florida and Hawaii playbooks. Is it just a few teams that have these deeper team specific playbooks or did every team get the upgrade.

One of the things i didn't like in NCAA 07 360 were the playbooks (way too generic), which is part of the reason my version of choice was the PS2 version last year. Can someone confirm that all teams got the playbook upgrades.
They are deeper on NG this year, but still not as deep and unique from team to team as Xbox and PS2. Xbox and PS2 has all the base plays and more auto-motion plays and more trick plays.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2007, 10:54 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 2

Does the PS2 have the new dynasty mode and recruiting features, or are those strictly next-gen?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »