Home

*OFFICIAL* NCAA Impressions/Questions Thread (Xbox)

This is a discussion on *OFFICIAL* NCAA Impressions/Questions Thread (Xbox) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2007, 02:10 AM   #25
Rookie

Ball_Bag's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: *OFFICIAL* NCAA Impressions/Questions Thread (Xbox)

I play coach mode so I dunno if the rest of you are seeing this, but at default AA level, I'm seeing a ton of interceptions so far.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2007, 06:17 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBShaggy
Has anyone been having multiple DDE's?
I have.
Old 07-18-2007, 08:17 AM   #27
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ball_Bag
I play coach mode so I dunno if the rest of you are seeing this, but at default AA level, I'm seeing a ton of interceptions so far.
FWIW, in my three games playing the 360 version, I've seen an alarmingly high number of interceptions. I've got to admit though, most of the ones I've thrown have been because of poor decisions on my part.

Overall, I'm pretty satisfied with the way the 360 version plays, I just wish it had the presentation features, Wade stadium, and the CPU Vs. CPU option of the XBox version. It is beyond an explanation I can come up with as to why these aren't in the 360 version, with the exception of Wade stadium!? I can see where it would be way down the priority list.... (sigh)
Old 07-18-2007, 08:49 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 0

The game seems pretty similar to last year. It doesn't look like they spent much time on it. All the animations seem to be exactly the same. No gang tackling. I am also getting a ton of interceptions with both player-controlled and CPU teams. A bit disappointing, especially in light of the 360 version and it's changes. I'm not sure I would have bought the game if knew it would be so similar to last year, and I'm a huge college football fan.

I'm suprised so few people are playing the X-box version. Do so many gamers have $500 dollars to plunk down on a 360?
Old 07-18-2007, 08:58 AM   #29
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

I don't see the gang tackling as often as it should happen on the 360. I also see linemen keeping their feet more than they should. It's better than last year in that sense, but it still has a ways to go.

I may just pick up the 2006 XBox version and play it on my 360, now that it's BC.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:04 AM   #30
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlm7q
I'm suprised so few people are playing the X-box version. Do so many gamers have $500 dollars to plunk down on a 360?
XBox owners probably aren't as quick to go out and jump on the new version as the 360 owners. I only got a rental copy because they happened to be putting it out when I walked into Blockbuster.

I got my Premium XBox 360 new for $352, when Best Buy was having a 12% off sale. However, I'm planning to upgrade to a XBox 360 "Falcon" this Fall (they'll have the 65nm CPU and Graphics processors onboard), so I can have HDMI functionality and a 120 GB hard drive. Rumor is that it will list for $399.95, so if I wait for another Reward Zone offer, I can pick it up for $352 again
Old 07-18-2007, 11:04 AM   #31
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by crich1
I have.

Same here. I have a Thompson drive, so it's not a total surprise. My copy of NCAA 06 pauses *a lot* in the menus, and 08 is similar. Once I'm playing a game it's much better, but once last night right before the coin toss it froze up on me. While I'm playing though it's been real smooth.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2007, 11:14 AM   #32
Pro

OVR: 9

I only rented '07, so I can only compare it to '06, which I played a lot.

It's real similar to '06, but there are some differences. Even being mostly the same, I still like it a lot so far. I haven't seen too many interceptions, and the deep balls seem to be toned down.

I'm happy with this over getting a 360 and the 360 version of '08. In addition to a solid core game with (IMO) really good graphics are:
- More authentic stadiums
- Alternate jerseys
- 1AA schools
- Formation specific audibles
- The 1st down hot routes (don't think this is in the "new" gen yet)
- Defensive hot routes (same as above)
- Multiple cameras
- Ability to watch CPU vs CPU games
- Class editing
- Create-a-school

The one thing I wish it had was the supersim feature. Other than that, I'm happy with this until next year, when I'll have to make a choice between the 360 and PS3....unless they release this on the Wii

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »