Home

*OFFICIAL* NCAA Impressions/Questions Thread (Xbox)

This is a discussion on *OFFICIAL* NCAA Impressions/Questions Thread (Xbox) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2007, 11:40 AM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: *OFFICIAL* NCAA Impressions/Questions Thread (Xbox)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ball_Bag
Am I the only one who finds Exhibition games to be more fun and realsitic than Dynasty games this year?

I haven't been able to put in as much time as I'd like with 2008 yet, but from what I've seen, I really like the gameplay in exhibition games much more than dynasty games using the same settings. I'm getting some low scoring exhibition games, which is great. So I don't understand why it can't be that way when I play a dynasty game with the same settings and the same matchups. I assume the strategy settings for coaches are all default for exhibition games since you can't change them anyway. Yet if I leave the strategy settings unchanged in a dynasty, I get crazy, high scoring, unrealistic results.

I assume I'm the only one here who plays coach mode but the difference in gameplay during exhibition & dyanasty games is still way out of whack for me.

Am I the only one seeing this?

I play coach mode.
Old 07-27-2007, 11:48 AM   #50
Rookie

Ball_Bag's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donjuano2006
I play coach mode.
Cool!
Old 07-28-2007, 07:44 AM   #51
Rookie

Ball_Bag's Arena

OVR: 2

Are any of you guys still out there?! So...what is your opinion so far of the defense pursuit angles in NCAA 2008 compared to 2007? From what I've seen so far, it looks like EA really screwed up this year. Too many long gains and WAY too many PR for TDs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2007, 07:30 PM   #52
lav
Rookie

OVR: 4

I guess there's no supersim, but does it have in game saves? If the last gen XBOX doesn't, does the PS2 have supersim or in game saves?
Old 09-16-2007, 12:55 PM   #53
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

What's the feeling on this game now that it's been out for almost 2 months?

I have a 360 and '08, but it's just not good enough IMO for dynasty play. I miss the 'ol reliable Xbox version. I played it for about 5 minutes at one of my friends house a few weeks ago and it seemed like it's still got it.

My only questions are...

How's the deep ball? As easy is '07?

How's the short passing game to the RB's in the flat?

How are screen passes. These are a thing of beauty on 360, and could be the only part of the 360 version I really miss.

How are the TO's? I can't imagine they're as bad as on 360.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 09-16-2007, 04:26 PM   #54
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
What's the feeling on this game now that it's been out for almost 2 months?

I have a 360 and '08, but it's just not good enough IMO for dynasty play. I miss the 'ol reliable Xbox version. I played it for about 5 minutes at one of my friends house a few weeks ago and it seemed like it's still got it.

My only questions are...

How's the deep ball? As easy is '07? Not as easy as 07, but not as hard as 360 due to less touch on passes in 360 version.

How's the short passing game to the RB's in the flat? I don't find it too troublesome. The 360 still has issues with CPU running out of bounds so no real difference IMO. It is easier to cut upfield on 360 for User though.

How are screen passes. These are a thing of beauty on 360, and could be the only part of the 360 version I really miss. The 360 screen plays are pretty nice. I have had some nice screens when set-up properly with my HB or WR (Harvin) when formation subbed into the backfield. The 360 WR screen passes are pretty awful since there isn't much variety. The XBOX version has better playbooks overall and specifically in this area.

How are the TO's? I can't imagine they're as bad as on 360. Turnovers (specifically CPU INTs) are better on XBOX version. No comparison. Most picks I have had in one game was 3 and I have had several with zero or just one. Fumbles are fine too, but the 360 didn't have much of a fumbling issue either. There were just a lot of reviews of fumbles after player was down.
Ehh, I like the XBOX version more than the 360. It's not just the INT issue after playing XBOX for a full week or so. See answers abov. I may do a further comparison for you if I have more time later. I like the XBOX version.
Old 09-16-2007, 09:30 PM   #55
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Bought the Xbox version today and played 4 games, I'm very happy w. my purchase. As a whole, this game is definitely better than the 360 version. The passing game is so much better, it feels so good to be able to put touch on every pass again if I chose to.

I just have to find my cotdamn Action Replay to get the rosters DL'd, the default ones are definetly a mess.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2007, 11:07 PM   #56
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Bought the Xbox version today and played 4 games, I'm very happy w. my purchase. As a whole, this game is definitely better than the 360 version. The passing game is so much better, it feels so good to be able to put touch on every pass again if I chose to.

I just have to find my cotdamn Action Replay to get the rosters DL'd, the default ones are definetly a mess.
I had a feeling you would be satisfied with the purchase. I sure am. Here's to having fun again with NCAA.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »