Home

No Content Download on the of the back case...

This is a discussion on No Content Download on the of the back case... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2007, 02:20 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: No Content Download on the of the back case...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
I don't know man. Look at the uniforms in the game now. They have clearly all been redone. That's over 115 teams that new home AND away jerseys had to be done for. Personally, I'm glad they spent the time coming up with innovations such as EASportsWorld.com, and the improved gameplay. I'd rather have either of those two things than alternate uniforms, if it came to that. I think sometimes people underestimate the amount of work that goes into some of this stuff.
true but the ALTS. are just COLOR variations of the new uniforms. that takes me 2 minutes in photoshop to do. with layers, its maybe 6 seconds of changing stuff.

i just dont see the big deal about having more of the basics like alt. uniforms.

most alts. might even be HOME pants with AWAY tops and vice versa. two versions already in the game but not quite combined. i could see how the menu coding may take time to recreate.
Old 07-15-2007, 02:26 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
I don't know man. Look at the uniforms in the game now. They have clearly all been redone. That's over 115 teams that new home AND away jerseys had to be done for. Personally, I'm glad they spent the time coming up with innovations such as EASportsWorld.com, and the improved gameplay. I'd rather have either of those two things than alternate uniforms, if it came to that. I think sometimes people underestimate the amount of work that goes into some of this stuff.

Don't get me wrong, I love the new innovations but isn't that what each new version should strive for? Alternate jerseys are something that have been in NCAA for a long time? But it seems now that features from year to year are not guaranteed anymore?

I play a lot of dynasty and by year 2010 it starts becoming the same looking game. To me, that's when jerseys become the thing that drives me to play the game or sim it. But all this is just my opinion. I know there are people out there who just play online and play now, who have no idea what I'm talking about.

Nonetheless, I'm glad we will see some alt jerseys at all. I'm just a little impatient.
Old 07-15-2007, 02:34 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 13

I'm gonna ride with cocobee on this one.

I'understand there is alot of work that goes into these games. Really I do. But when you [gaming world] convince us to buy a new system and pay more for the games - it is EXTREMELY frustrating to still not have the same basic features that were comonplace in last gen games. We are going into the 3rd generation of football games on next gen and we still can't get alt uniforms when the game comes out? That's dissapointing.

EA dropped the ball on this one! (I just couldn't resist )
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2007, 02:41 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

I don't see that on the case listed at amazon...

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000P0QJQO?...M3GVPYM0WW9DY&

click the view other images icon. u get a good look at the back.

EA said 08 was the year that they were going to offer a TON of content via XBL.

I heard NHL 08 will feature CCM, BAUER and Reebok equipment packs.

Does NCAA feature more than just Ridell (helmets?) and with the deals each school has...it might be that you can only get nike for certain schools.
Old 07-15-2007, 02:55 PM   #13
DickDalewood

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn33
EA dropped the ball on this one! (I just couldn't resist )
Haha, touche... now give me my dime!

Old 07-15-2007, 03:53 PM   #14
MVP

jkra0512's Arena

OVR: 31

I can see both sides of this argument. I mean I'd much rather have the gameplay revamped and running smoothly. I mean I'd love to have my green jerseys for my Notre Dame Fighting Irish, but that's the last thing I think about when I boot up the game. But you have to admit, the Black Louisvill jersey would be pretty neat to have!
Old 07-15-2007, 03:58 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkra0512
I can see both sides of this argument. I mean I'd much rather have the gameplay revamped and running smoothly. I mean I'd love to have my green jerseys for my Notre Dame Fighting Irish, but that's the last thing I think about when I boot up the game. But you have to admit, the Black Louisvill jersey would be pretty neat to have!

But why must we always give up something to get something? The jerseys were already in last years game? Plus we will have to wait another 3 months to download them for this year? Now if they release the jerseys around the time the season starts then I'd be more understanding, but to release them in November/December? Doesn't make much sense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2007, 04:25 PM   #16
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
true but the ALTS. are just COLOR variations of the new uniforms. that takes me 2 minutes in photoshop to do. with layers, its maybe 6 seconds of changing stuff.
If it was that easy don't you think they would be in there.

Heres the truth of the matter since they re-did all the player models this year they developers must go back and re-program/re-write every single jersey combination one by one.

Quote:
Nice to see some people get it

Last edited by Russell_SCEA; 07-15-2007 at 04:41 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »