Home

No Content Download on the of the back case...

This is a discussion on No Content Download on the of the back case... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2007, 12:33 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: No Content Download on the of the back case...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
I don't know man. Look at the uniforms in the game now. They have clearly all been redone. That's over 115 teams that new home AND away jerseys had to be done for. Personally, I'm glad they spent the time coming up with innovations such as EASportsWorld.com, and the improved gameplay. I'd rather have either of those two things than alternate uniforms, if it came to that. I think sometimes people underestimate the amount of work that goes into some of this stuff.
Yeah right? 238 uniforms... plus 26 more for highschool teams and 1AA generics... and yet people think EA is not putting enough content in the game! That is a lot of freakin' uniforms!
Old 07-16-2007, 12:37 AM   #18
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
I don't know man. Look at the uniforms in the game now. They have clearly all been redone. That's over 115 teams that new home AND away jerseys had to be done for. Personally, I'm glad they spent the time coming up with innovations such as EASportsWorld.com, and the improved gameplay. I'd rather have either of those two things than alternate uniforms, if it came to that. I think sometimes people underestimate the amount of work that goes into some of this stuff.
Completely agree the EASportsWorld.com is adding a whole new element to the game. I am happy with the uni's in the game. I can finally say I have to hand it to EA i am very impressed so far.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:46 AM   #19
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocobee
But why must we always give up something to get something? The jerseys were already in last years game? Plus we will have to wait another 3 months to download them for this year? Now if they release the jerseys around the time the season starts then I'd be more understanding, but to release them in November/December? Doesn't make much sense.
EA is lazy. They have the size and money to do anything they could think of. Saying they don't have time or resources to add alternate jerseys is laughable. Instead, we get polls about which one feature do you want in the game next year.
Old 07-16-2007, 01:16 AM   #20
Imperator

Anaxamander's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ****dalewood
I completely agree.

Also let me add: if I could just have a dime for every time someone on this board used the term "dropping the ball" I would be a rich, rich man...

With that, if I combined the number of times EA supposedly "dropped the ball" on otherwise insignificant things, I would be lead to believe this game was an utter disaster...

Lucky for me, I'm smarter than that
"EA dropped the ball" is right up there with the ever-popular "I thought their motto was 'if it's in the game'?" Anyway, it would have been nice to have the alternates from the outset, but I usually end up being disappointed by them. Not by EA's representation, that is, but by team's choices. I swear, by the year 2015, every single team in the NCAA (and NFL for that matter) is going to have a freakin' black jersey.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:42 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by russell05
Heres the truth of the matter since they re-did all the player models this year they developers must go back and re-program/re-write every single jersey combination one by one.
Well, we'll see if this holds true. If so, the alts should be in next year's game out of the box, right? And speaking of alts, I could've sworn I saw several people, including some mods here, say that the alts were going to be in this year's game out of the box. What happened? Did these people not have a clue as to what they were talking about?

I'm just skeptical of stuff like this because EA used to always feed us a BS company line about not being able to edit classes, saying it would make the game crash if people edited all their players to seniors at the same time. Well, last year on the 360, and apparently this year on the XBox and PS2, class editing didn't break the game. The fact is, they know the replayability is greatly decreased by not allowing complete roster customization.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2007, 10:43 AM   #22
MVP

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resin
Yeah right? 238 uniforms... plus 26 more for highschool teams and 1AA generics... and yet people think EA is not putting enough content in the game! That is a lot of freakin' uniforms!
I'd rather have 26 alternate college uniforms than 26 high school team uniforms.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:51 AM   #23
Rookie

oukingpen's Arena

OVR: 5

I'm not too concerned about alt. unis based on the fact that I almost always play as OU and their uniforms are classics and traditional, so they never change. In 2004, they did a special retro uni to open the year our stadium was expanded and that uni was on 05. A nice twist but still not something that I GOTTA have.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:32 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 3

I NEVER want to develop for mass media, because people do not understand it takes TIME to create Uniforms for people who complain if the red they used is a billionth of a shade off their school colors. 119 x2 = 238 * how many pixels are in those uniforms?

its kind of funny for the next splinter cell (conviction I think) it took the programming team 8 months to learn how to make the guy throw the chair in a life like manner.

Don't worry EA I partly understand your pain

lets not forget the stadiums they would have to make for those schools .... will the complaining ever end

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »