Home

Pass Coverage

This is a discussion on Pass Coverage within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2007, 02:49 AM   #17
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Pass Coverage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hair
I havn't had any trouble stopping the pass. (And that's with unranked teams). I usually run a zone D against the pass. Sometimes I'll HR an OLB on a blitz just to keep the throw quick to contain the route inside the zones.

Once and a while I'll run a Man 2 Under if the WR is going deep or I need DBL coverage.

Other than that, I havn't noticed the passing being hard at all.
You and I must be playing different games.. I run zones with the right personel, but they pretty much act like I'm swiss cheese.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Old 07-23-2007, 03:08 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by The GIGGAS
You and I must be playing different games.. I run zones with the right personel, but they pretty much act like I'm swiss cheese.
Well I am actually glad to see that someone else is having issues too...I get burned a ton too, first I made changes too my AWR slider, that equaled too many INT's(4-6 a game...), so I tried different zones/man coverages, but still having a really tough time defending...granted my team is less than stellar, but neither is my competition....i do find throwing in a blitz with my impact rolb helps...some, but not enough...i am still tweaking, so if I find something that works ill let you know...good luck :-)
Old 07-23-2007, 03:21 AM   #19
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16

I was #3 in the nation in Pass D with Stanford on the All-American difficulity (and so far I'm doing pretty well on Heisman too); not trying to brag, just pointing out that playing good D is not only possible but can be pretty easy.

I play Cover-3 zone 75% of the time and call almost all of my Cover-3 plays from the 4-3 formation; particulary the "over" and "under" packages.

I try to avoid using the Dime and Nickle zones because those two formations seem to leave a lot of open space in the coverages; while the 4-3 zones do a better job of filling in the gaps.

If my oppenent comes out with 5 WR's, I choose a play from the Dime formation then audible to a 4-3 formation; that way I have my faster players on the field and a zone formation with less gaps in the coverage.

Try it out, this strategy has turned my average Stanford personel into defensive juggernauts against the pass...
College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #2; Currently in Year-12.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.
Old 07-23-2007, 03:39 AM   #20
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

Wow DLaren... that's actually helped somewhat. I'm actually decent now!

Thanks so much, man.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Old 07-23-2007, 06:22 AM   #21
Rookie

Smithy07's Arena

OVR: 1

I usually play free safety on my team...I use man coverage and press the receivers...(PS3) I move the DBS into man (Triangle/then Left Analog to the right) then press (Triangle/then Left Analog down) . If you just press without putting them in Man coverage they ALWAYS miss the jam on the line...Played Florida with LSU and held Harvin and Caldwell both to around 3 catches for 60 yards or so...Tebow was 17-39 or something like that...Also pressure, pressure, pressure, from the line and I come from the outside and the middle with the Free Safety...Leave one saftey back for deep coverage...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2007, 09:04 AM   #22
MVP

OVR: 12

Make sure that if you are showing man (db's and linebackers lining up across from a receiver) that you hit "Y" and right before the snap to get them back in their zone. Also, the AI rarely throws corner routes so move your safeties in to help out vs. slants and posts.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:40 AM   #23
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

I'm having a problem with pass coverage as well. Last night I gave up over 500 passing yards to New Mexico State. I think I know why I am having a hard time. In the past I've always been very good at pass deflections by swatting at the ball. This year, there are two things going against that. First, the button has been changed to X (PS3) for the swat. I know I can re-assign it, I just figured I'd try to get used to it this way. But I think the biggest reason I am having such a hard time is because I think the passes are thrown a lot faster/harder this year and it isn't giving me enough time to switch to the defender and swat the pass away.

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators
Old 07-23-2007, 09:56 AM   #24
Rookie

tfin1212's Arena

OVR: 4

I think it depends on how good your db's and lb's are and how good the other teams offense is. Some games I shut down the pass...others I dont. Switch up your coverages and play a LB in zone sometimes. Keep everything in front of you. Play some cover 4...get back...then come up and tackle. Youll get lucky along the way where you shut down a run maybe...an incompletion or two...and then its time for em to punt. Just keep playing and dont vary what you're doin too much. I love this game...its very realistic. Believe me I played DB in college.

Another thing is Im playing on Hiesman with default INT and Knockdowns. On offense Ive learned to take care of the ball so INTs are not a problem unless i get careless. and if you play a passing team...they will have to be careful too or else YOUR good db's and lb's will get pics. My last game was #11 Louisville (me) against #1 USC (CPU) and it ended up like 21-17 or something...very very realistic defense. Im getting my sliders together so I can start my dynasty. Im almost there. Ill post em in the slider forum.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »