Home

Pass/Run Commit?

This is a discussion on Pass/Run Commit? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2007, 03:21 PM   #9
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: Pass/Run Commit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma4Life
I like the feature because when I KNOW my opponent is running I want to ensure all 11 defensive players make stopping the run their first priority.d
If I know they are running I will switch to a 4-4 or Bear formation, call blitzes, bring safeties up, etc. I don't think its realistic to call a 4-3 Cover 2 and then just hit down on the R-stick to swarm to the ball.
Old 07-16-2007, 03:25 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
If I know they are running I will switch to a 4-4 or Bear formation, call blitzes, bring safeties up, etc. I don't think its realistic to call a 4-3 Cover 2 and then just hit down on the R-stick to swarm to the ball.
how do you know they are running if, the team your playing comes out in the I formation?
Old 07-16-2007, 03:32 PM   #11
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdenz
how do you know they are running if, the team your playing comes out in the I formation?
You don't. I was mainly referring to situations like the end of the game when the cpu is trying to kill the clock or short yardage.

The point I was trying to make is a team usually decides whether to gear up to stop the run BEFORE the snap, not after. You do that with personel, formations, blitzes, bringing safeties up. It doesn't take a genious to see a RB get the handoff and then fly to the ball. I just saw the R-stick as a gimmick and I never used it. Just my opinion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2007, 04:32 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
.For the guys that are concerned about the PA fake working too well on next gen, it was a problem fixed for '08. No longer will your players bite on fakes on 3rd and long.
Im glad you think so
Old 07-16-2007, 05:17 PM   #13
Pro

Sigma4Life's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
You don't. I was mainly referring to situations like the end of the game when the cpu is trying to kill the clock or short yardage.

The point I was trying to make is a team usually decides whether to gear up to stop the run BEFORE the snap, not after. You do that with personel, formations, blitzes, bringing safeties up. It doesn't take a genious to see a RB get the handoff and then fly to the ball. I just saw the R-stick as a gimmick and I never used it. Just my opinion.
When Ray Lewis yells "run!!!" or "pass!!" to his teammates after the snap it's a gimmic too? This feature is no different than a real player alerting his teammates to what you he sees.
Old 07-16-2007, 05:32 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma4Life
When Ray Lewis yells "run!!!" or "pass!!" to his teammates after the snap it's a gimmic too? This feature is no different than a real player alerting his teammates to what you he sees.
But actually it is different than that. Ray yells run when he knows it is a run. He has film study, tracking of the opponents tendencies in certain situations, DB's that play the pass first because that's what they are taught to do but they also keep their eyes in the backfield and diagnose plays. We do not have film study. There is no way to track tendencies which are resources to Ray and real players. In a video game we don't know if it is a run. We are guessing. Then when it is play action we get toasted. What's the point of them added run recognition/pass recognition attributes if we still need to tell the guys what to do? I am going to agree with rudy on this one.

I hated run/pass commit ever since they introduced it in Madden. It's a good idea if you have the sources that a real player would have. But we do not. Secondly the amount of time you have forces your hand. You really do not get a good read on the play and you have to tell them run or pass. That's why guys that used it a lot got their a$$e$ burnt online. Of all the online games I have played in Madden and NCAA I have not see too many people use this feature and the ones that did got torched and stopped using it. It's too much of a guessing game and you do not get a good read on the play to tell what it really is.

Last edited by LBzrule; 07-16-2007 at 05:34 PM.
Old 07-16-2007, 09:57 PM   #15
Rookie

wonderl33t's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
But actually it is different than that. Ray yells run when he knows it is a run. He has film study, tracking of the opponents tendencies in certain situations, DB's that play the pass first because that's what they are taught to do but they also keep their eyes in the backfield and diagnose plays. We do not have film study. There is no way to track tendencies which are resources to Ray and real players. In a video game we don't know if it is a run. We are guessing. Then when it is play action we get toasted. What's the point of them added run recognition/pass recognition attributes if we still need to tell the guys what to do? I am going to agree with rudy on this one.

I hated run/pass commit ever since they introduced it in Madden. It's a good idea if you have the sources that a real player would have. But we do not. Secondly the amount of time you have forces your hand. You really do not get a good read on the play and you have to tell them run or pass. That's why guys that used it a lot got their a$$e$ burnt online. Of all the online games I have played in Madden and NCAA I have not see too many people use this feature and the ones that did got torched and stopped using it. It's too much of a guessing game and you do not get a good read on the play to tell what it really is.
Yeah but if you know 100% that a guy WILL run or WILL pass, it is very useful
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »