Home

I think its fair to say EA Sports is back.

This is a discussion on I think its fair to say EA Sports is back. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: What's your opinion?
Yes 167 72.93%
No 27 11.79%
EA still sucks 35 15.28%
Voters: 229. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-17-2007, 05:14 PM   #17
Rookie

Jeremy_Stein's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: I think its fair to say EA Sports is back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyBlueFresh
The fact that this game is the game that EA AND 2k fans can both like is great. NCAA is back, I don't know about EA as a whole. Still on the fences with Madden. This is strictly gameplay wise. The presentation sucks on a whole new level but hell I love this game.
Madden and NCAA 2007 were both hindered by shortened development cycles. I have yet to play either for '08, but with a full year and all that I'm hearing, NCAA 2008 for the 360 and PS3 should trounce last year's version. From my friends working on Madden (and you've probably caught a bit of wind of this in the early previews on Madden 08), Madden 2008 should be easily the best version of Madden for the next gen systems.

I don't know about EA as a whole being "back" or what have you, but you should expect the rest of the next gen stuff coming out of Tiburon (NASCAR, Tiger, etc.) in the future to all be substantially better than what you got in the '06 and '07 games.
Old 07-17-2007, 06:05 PM   #18
Rookie

Pasdabru's Arena

OVR: 2

I voted yes but I'd like to see another poll in about a week after everyone picks the game apart and finds all the things to complain about
Old 07-17-2007, 06:19 PM   #19
Rookie

Sabredj's Arena

OVR: 5

I voted no in regards to NCAA only because I'm so spoiled having just started playing next-gen football(PS2 formally). It just doesn't make sense to me that they don't have some of the features old gen has, that don't seem like a programming nightmare. If they ported some of the stuff it would still be cool and add more depth (especially with the graphical upgrade). I guess they want to leave room for easy improvement with the following years games. I still think this game is incredible and I might lighten my opinion in a month or two as I get used to it.
Old 07-18-2007, 12:38 AM   #20
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16

I voted yes...I know I'm enjoying a game when I subconciously get off of my couch and kneel infront of the TV screen because I'm so sucked into the game...

It's been awhile since I've felt that feeling but I'm glad this game has brought it back...
College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #2; Currently in Year-12.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.
Old 07-18-2007, 02:42 AM   #21
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

Loving it so far! Hopefully we get the same thing plus more with Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2007, 03:04 AM   #22
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30

Voted for the third option.

Gameplay is solid, and as much as we're all supposed to bow down to gameplay around here, there's still a whole lot more that goes into making a good game; especially when you're talking about exclusive rights and a software powerhouse.

Getting 'closer' to meeting a standard set by games from three and four years ago does not an awesome game make.

This game is not all that. I'm not 'disappointed' per se, but I'm damn close. and I'm certainly not going to say 'EA Sports is back'.
Old 07-18-2007, 03:19 AM   #23
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by EWRMETS
NCAA 07 was still a good game and NHL 07 and Fifa 07 were awesome so for you to say that all their 07 next gen releases were horrible is wrong in my opinion.
I enjoyed NCAA 07 and NHL 07. I played those two games more than any others last year.
Old 07-18-2007, 06:22 AM   #24
Tide is Rolling in!

exboxfan's Arena

OVR: 7

I am happy with the game. There is just so much more they could have put in though.

I like the fact that you can upload pics and videos, but something I would like to see for the stat freak in me is my dynasty stats emailed or at least be able to upload them to the easportsworld account.

I mean if you can upload a pic or video from a dynasty why not the stats.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »