Home

Recruiting Help?

This is a discussion on Recruiting Help? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2007, 05:49 PM   #1
Pro

DereckM's Arena

OVR: 8
Recruiting Help?

Everyone hangs up on me. Now I am using Midd Tenn State but come on. 2 stars guys are hanging up on me. Anyone have any tips on Recruiting?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2007, 05:53 PM   #2
Rookie

MattCoz's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Recruiting Help?

Don't use the hard sell unless you know it's of high importance, they'll hang up pretty quickly if it isn't.
Old 07-17-2007, 06:03 PM   #3
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16

When you select to talk to a player sometimes there is an option to schedule a visit. While you're scheduling a game for that player to visit be sure to read what he has to say at the top of the screen.

The player will normally make two statements (one before you schedule him and one after), and both of those statements give you a pretty good idea of what he's looking for in a school.

So after you schedule him in, select to speak with him on the phone, and whatever info you recieved from the scheduling process should be taken into heavy consideration when you try to pitch your school to him.

I've been pretty successful using this method so far
College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #2; Currently in Year-12.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.
Old 07-17-2007, 06:24 PM   #4
Pro

DereckM's Arena

OVR: 8

Thanks for all the help guys. I have talked to the last few guys and it turned out ok.
Old 07-17-2007, 06:34 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

DTX3's Arena

OVR: 56

We should keep this thread as the official recruiting thread.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2007, 06:37 PM   #6
The Legendary Roots Crew

Sublime12089's Arena

OVR: 10

so you wouldnt reccomend calling them before scheduling a visit? Do you just let that time go to waste.

Im USF btw if it matters
Old 07-17-2007, 06:41 PM   #7
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGFOOT999
so you wouldnt reccomend calling them before scheduling a visit? Do you just let that time go to waste.

Im USF btw if it matters
I'm no recruiting expert, but I've had more success scheduling them first in order to see what kind of concerns they might have, then when I call them I have a pretty good idea of what to pitch.

Example, while I was scheduling a guy he said, "I love the PAC-10 and can't wait to see the teams in person".

So when I called him I pitched 'Conference Prestige' and it was Very High on his list.

Another guy said, "Will I get a lot of television time at your school? The camera loves me".

When I called him I pitched 'TV Exposure' and it was his Most important concern.

I've also had my share of failures with this approach. One guy said, "Do a lot of pro-scouts attend your practices?"

When I called him I pitched 'Pro Factory' (which is rated as 'good' for Stanford), and he hung-up on me...So it's not %100 effective....
College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #2; Currently in Year-12.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.

Last edited by DLaren; 07-17-2007 at 06:49 PM.
Old 07-17-2007, 06:44 PM   #8
The Legendary Roots Crew

Sublime12089's Arena

OVR: 10

ill try that and let you know how it goes, thanks

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »