Home

How do you choose a dynasty team?

This is a discussion on How do you choose a dynasty team? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2007, 12:59 AM   #1
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18
How do you choose a dynasty team?

While we're waiting for rosters...

How do you all pick a dynasty team? Note that I do not have a favorite team so that wont really work. I usually take a team that has a new head coach in real life (and sometimes even only taking those with 1-star prestige as well). What do you all do to pick a team OTHER than "it's my favorite team, I only roll with _________."

Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2007, 01:17 AM   #2
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: How do you choose a dynasty team?

well besides playing with a favorite team, i sometimes pick a team thats really bad and build them up or a team with a good playbook with a style i like.

in '07 for 360 i played as Air force for a while, i kinda like running the option with them.
Old 07-18-2007, 01:28 AM   #3
Rookie

adamcsay's Arena

OVR: 4

I normally take a bigger school from a big conference that has been in the dumps for several years and bring them into glory. Like Michigan State, Illinois, Vanderbilt, Kentucky, basically any school that pretty much sucks but has a decent stadium, decent competition, and nice looking uniforms are always a plus also.

I'm not sure who I want to roll with right now. I'm waiting for FK's rosters, so I have until then to figure it out. I'm thinking Illinois, or maybe a smaller Texas school like TCU, North Texas, or Rice. But they have to have a nice stadium, too. With the inability to upgrade facilities I don't want to be stuck in a place that only holds 20,000 fans.
Old 07-18-2007, 01:34 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40

I'm doing one with the Marshall Thundering Herd this year. They have a fairly nice stadium, cool green and white uniforms, and have a nice story behind it. I say that I am trying to bring the powerhouse that former Marshall coach Bob Pruett back up to power during the days of Byron Leftwich and others. It's going to be great this year with recruiting!
Old 07-18-2007, 01:54 AM   #5
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Finding a team to do a lengthy dynasty with is my biggest challenge every year with this game... I went to Duquesne that had a 1-AA non-scholarship football team (although they were quite good), so the alma mater route is out. I didn't really grow up with one favorite team, as my Dad liked both Pitt and PSU (depending on who was winning I guess), so that doesn't help. And even my wife went to both Pitt (grad) and PSU (undergrad), so I still root for both of them. I envy you guys who have die-hard favorite schools, as I love college football, but it's not the same for me as other sports where I root for MY teams.

I end up trying to pick a school in many of the same ways mentioned in this thread (new coach, low prestige and move up the coaching ladder, crappy team in BCS conference and of course, cool unis). I just can never get into it like some others obviously do. But I buy the game every year, saying "this year will be different..."

On that note, I am going to go with the... Arizona State Sun Devils of the PAC-10 Conference! They just hired Dennis Erickson (why?), have underachieved in a tough conference and most of all, have sweet uniforms. Maybe I'll even try a thread in the dynasty forum if I get into it, but I never seem to have the time to keep up with them the way I'd like to and don't want to half-arse it...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2007, 02:08 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

I am the Colorado Buffaloes.

I was also deciding with Michigan State and Zona too.
Old 07-19-2007, 03:22 AM   #7
Rookie

rj102990's Arena

OVR: 3

I usually pick a bad team, in a non-BCS conference with cool uniforms and a sweet stadium. I just started a dynasty with SMU. Lost my first game to Texas Tech 38-13.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »