Home

1 Star into 6 Star Achievement

This is a discussion on 1 Star into 6 Star Achievement within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2007, 03:16 AM   #57
Rookie

rj102990's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: 1 Star into 6 Star Achievement

5 games in with SMU. 4-1, a loss to Texas Tech and wins over Arkansas St, North Texas, Cincinnati and UTEP
Old 07-21-2007, 05:50 AM   #58
Buddha

ahunter5's Arena

OVR: 7

I'm also playing as Buffalo. Using AA difficulty. This makes the game great. I'm currently 6-1 (bowl eligible!) having won a few squeakers. Here's my results so far:

at Rutgers W 23-20
at Temple W 45-21 (2 int return for TD's late)
at Penn St L 31-20 (and it wasn't nearly this close)
Baylor W 28-14 (late int return for TD)
at Ball St W 38-7
Ohio W 38-3
Toledo W 20-13

For some unknown reason, my defensive secondary is unreal. I'm using default sliders, and my turnover ratio is 2nd in the nation at +15. I have no standout players to speak of. My 'impact player' RB, and I use the term impact loosely, is averaging only 3.4 yards per carry. His longest carry is a pathetic 17 yards. My leading receiver has only 25 catches for 472 yards and 5TD's.

I'm having a blast with this mode, and this challenge especially. Recruiting is very tough. It's week 8, and I only have two 2* recruits. I'm not on the radar of any recruits 3* or higher. It's 2* only for me. Plus, with Buffalo, I have nothing to hype. Basically, if a player doesn't live near me, I best hope they're impressed with early playing time...
Old 07-21-2007, 10:10 AM   #59
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahunter5
I'm also playing as Buffalo. Using AA difficulty. This makes the game great. I'm currently 6-1 (bowl eligible!) having won a few squeakers. Here's my results so far:

at Rutgers W 23-20
at Temple W 45-21 (2 int return for TD's late)
at Penn St L 31-20 (and it wasn't nearly this close)
Baylor W 28-14 (late int return for TD)
at Ball St W 38-7
Ohio W 38-3
Toledo W 20-13

For some unknown reason, my defensive secondary is unreal. I'm using default sliders, and my turnover ratio is 2nd in the nation at +15. I have no standout players to speak of. My 'impact player' RB, and I use the term impact loosely, is averaging only 3.4 yards per carry. His longest carry is a pathetic 17 yards. My leading receiver has only 25 catches for 472 yards and 5TD's.

I'm having a blast with this mode, and this challenge especially. Recruiting is very tough. It's week 8, and I only have two 2* recruits. I'm not on the radar of any recruits 3* or higher. It's 2* only for me. Plus, with Buffalo, I have nothing to hype. Basically, if a player doesn't live near me, I best hope they're impressed with early playing time...
Buffalo is NOT that bad of a team...they get a lot of very good local prospects and their coaching staff will do wonders for that program...If you remember last year, they scared Auburn for 3 quarters of that game...hung in there until the very end. They also have a pretty sick RB as well...
Old 07-21-2007, 10:24 AM   #60
MVP

OVR: 11

I just started a Dynasty with FIU. Since they've only been Division 1-A for a couple of years I thought it would be fun to see if I can build them into a powerhouse. I also like that they play some big name schools like Penn State and Miami while also playing weaker Sun Belt schools where you've got a shot at winning a few. And it helps that the state of Florida is a recruiting mecca so there are enough crumbs left that the bigger schools haven't snapped up to give you a chance to recruite a few decent players.
Old 07-21-2007, 12:33 PM   #61
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBH3
Since starting this thread and starting my Temple Dynasty I am 0-5 w/ Temple. I am playing on Heisman difficulty BTW. Every game I have played I have turned the ball over at least 4 times. My starting QB threw 5 INT's in his first two starts. He is now benched and only comes in to run the option, and I am not throwing as many INT's... Now I am fumbling the ball. The worst game yet was the last one I played against Army. It was real pretty much most of the 1st half. I was just about to take the lead when it was 9-7 early in the 2nd Qtr however my HB fumbled and that fumble was returned for a 66 yd TD. Then on the next kickoff I fumbled again which was returned for a TD. Needless to say I lost 51-37. My next game will be vs. NIU. Which is a VERY important game seeing as how I have 3-4 recruits visiting campus. I am not going to lose that game. Using a 1 star is really frustrating, but it is fun and challenging. Hopefully I can still resurrect my inaugrual season and finish w/ a winning record.
Wow - it sounds like 1 to 6 s going to be unreal on Heisman level.

Most people in here playing on AA, are able to make their teams pretty competitive right away. But - your games sound brutal, probably what it is like to coach Temple in real life.

I am playing as Temple as well, but on AA. I won my first game 17-10 over Navy. Navy was horrible, but so was I. My only saving grace was Marcellus Grigsby, who ran for 100 yards. Other than that, I really struggled.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2007, 12:36 PM   #62
MVP

TheGamingChef's Arena

OVR: 18

I've done this every year now on Xbox without any achievements. It's really enjoyable. My first dynasty is always Iowa State but after that I usually go to a 1 star team and try to build them up. I think I may go with SDSU this year.
Old 07-23-2007, 05:50 PM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 1

Started today with Middle Tennessee St. I had to adjust their schedule because they had LSU, Louisville on the road. I replaced them with Arizona and Buffalo. I am 2-0 thus far. First game was a conference tilt against FIU I believe and won on a FG to end the game. Punted the ball with 20 seconds left and the guy fumbled it. One quick 11 yd pass put me in range. Then my team came up with an awesome game against Arizona won 27-7. My CB returned 2 picks for TD's and picked another one. Playing on All American.
Old 07-23-2007, 05:56 PM   #64
Hall Of Fame

DTX3's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMoney79
Started today with Middle Tennessee St. I had to adjust their schedule because they had LSU, Louisville on the road. I replaced them with Arizona and Buffalo. I am 2-0 thus far. First game was a conference tilt against FIU I believe and won on a FG to end the game. Punted the ball with 20 seconds left and the guy fumbled it. One quick 11 yd pass put me in range. Then my team came up with an awesome game against Arizona won 27-7. My CB returned 2 picks for TD's and picked another one. Playing on All American.
BBBOOOO! cheater, theres no fear in football! give it to those elite teams!. Anyways i might start my 1 to 6 with Temple tonight, if my current dynasty lets me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »