Home

Advice for people with an SDTV

This is a discussion on Advice for people with an SDTV within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2007, 03:44 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Advice for people with an SDTV

also playing it on 16:9 when you have a 4:3 doesn't look so bad either just noticed that, kinda gives me a better view and players dont look like all just lost 100lbs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2007, 03:47 PM   #26
MVP

cch99's Arena

OVR: 9

Thanks for all the help here. If that thing is only three bucks then it definitely doesn't hurt to try. I definitely want to see if this other stuff will work before gettnig the PS2 version plus I know I'd rather have Madden for the PS3.

As far as the widescreen setting I thought I tried that and I just got a black screen but maybe I didn't. I will try again tonight.

Thanks.
Old 07-19-2007, 03:54 PM   #27
MVP

cch99's Arena

I just saw this disclaimer on the site:

This cable is not designed to connect a VGA output from a PC to the component video input on a TV or a component video output from any video device to the VGA input on a monitor.

THe problem is that's exactly what we need it to do. Honestly I don't know what the point of this connector is then.

If you get this Deuce let me know how it works.
Old 07-19-2007, 04:41 PM   #28
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by cch99
I have to disagree 100%. I don't know how you get the camera to pull back but I definitely don't see it on pass plays. I lose my running back on screen plays and I can't even come close to seeing my wideouts unless they run crossing patterns.

Am I missing something because I just don't see it? Is there a way to get the camera to pull out farther either before or after a pass play has started ?

I agree it's fine on an HDTV but on SD I just don't agree that's you can see enough of the field. Is there a way to swivel the qb's view once a play has started ?

As far as the same as the PS2 version I disagree there too. Maybe if you played at the closeup camera view but I always hated that view for the same reason and played on the overhead view.

I will rephrase then, if you liked playing on the overhead view or pulled back farther from the action then you will not like the camera angle the game comes with.
pull the right trigger. its classic view. you can hold it down on o and d. the best of both worlds. in on sdtv an love this. you can stay zoomed for a run play and zoom out for pass. i never let it go on d before the ball is snapped.
Old 07-19-2007, 06:43 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cch99
I just saw this disclaimer on the site:

This cable is not designed to connect a VGA output from a PC to the component video input on a TV or a component video output from any video device to the VGA input on a monitor.

THe problem is that's exactly what we need it to do. Honestly I don't know what the point of this connector is then.

If you get this Deuce let me know how it works.
come to think of it, maybe thats why people keep suggesting the $100+ box
Old 07-19-2007, 08:04 PM   #30
MVP

cch99's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duece
come to think of it, maybe thats why people keep suggesting the $100+ box
Maybe. I can tell you that I am not paying $132 for it. I can hold out and either play the PS2 version or:

As someone else suggested to switch to 16:9 mode. He mentioned the dashboard which I thought was an XBOX thing. I also though that it didn't work on my TV since it's not a widescreen monitor. Well I tried it and it went to the unuseable signal on screen then it flashed and went to 16:9 mode. So basically it seemed to work although it doesn't letterbox the view. It just squeezes it to fit it on the non-widescreen tv. So basically it squeezes everything but I can now see as much of the field as I could on the HDTV, albeit squeezed into a smaller space. So for now I am going with that.

As far as the right trigger that someone else mentioned. I knew about that and use it but you can't hike the ball with it pressed. Plus I don't really think it is any farther out after the play starts.

Anyway, I have a workaround, even if it hurts the graphics somewhat, but it is better, IMO, than going to the PS2 version.

Thanks for all the help everyone and if anyone does find a way to use the DVI on a PC monitor if it's HDCP-Compliant or to the VGA input, and not a small fortune let me know.

Last edited by cch99; 07-19-2007 at 08:06 PM. Reason: Added more

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »