Home

Anyone getting Dirty Disc Error? (360)

This is a discussion on Anyone getting Dirty Disc Error? (360) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2007, 02:52 PM   #9
MVP

olemiss86's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Anyone getting Dirty Disc Error? (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linuxx
mine is flat, the one time I turned it vertical it banged the disc around and now I cant play my Gears of War disc anymore
You didn't turn it vertical while it was on did you? Doing that will tear your games up.
Old 07-19-2007, 04:01 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

I've had one in about 20 some odd games and it was today when I was playing WF....the game was acting wierd like spinning real slow then speeding back....It waited to the start of 4th to give it to me : ( by the way mine is vertical
Old 07-19-2007, 04:34 PM   #11
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16

My game froze once on Tuesday and once on Wednesday morning. Then I went back to Best Buy and exchanged it for another copy. Last night, my brother said it froze again. I then played again today and it froze. All of those were while it was vertical. I just played for about 2 hours with it vertical and it played fine. I'm hoping that helps. If it freezes while vertical, I'm going to return for yet one more copy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2007, 05:01 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

Sadly it appears to be a software problem and not a defective disc. I've received the error twice (both times when I was messing with replays) in 2 days. A friend of mine also received it during CL mode when he was looking at the highlight feature. I think it may be a side effect of the poor framerate that we get at certain times? I definitely think it will be a recurring problem and hopefully EA releases an update to fix it (though I'm not counting on it).
Old 07-19-2007, 05:25 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingnebwsu
Sadly it appears to be a software problem and not a defective disc. I've received the error twice (both times when I was messing with replays) in 2 days. A friend of mine also received it during CL mode when he was looking at the highlight feature. I think it may be a side effect of the poor framerate that we get at certain times? I definitely think it will be a recurring problem and hopefully EA releases an update to fix it (though I'm not counting on it).
I had the exact same problem and posted about it here.

First game I had no sound. Shut off and than reboot and a freeze in first dynasty game about 2 quarters in.

Here is something that has helped me not get another one so far and I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the problem. I simply turned off all the automatic espn updates and tickers. Ever since than I have had not had any problems.

Like I said I haven't played a TON of games since trying this but if you guys don't mind waiting to look at your news manually than maybe try it and see if it helps.

Hope they put out a fix as this is definitely not a rare occurence for sure.
Old 07-19-2007, 06:47 PM   #14
Pro

laxman490's Arena

OVR: 6

at first i thought i was the only one, but now this seems to be a pretty big problem. like i've said - i havent even played a whole game yet and it freezing in the 4th would just piss me off.

this is what happens when it happens to me - it starts making a clicking noise and then the commentary goes off. there is still crowd noise, etc. one time that happened but then it some how caught up with it self, and i heard all the missed commentary real fast. it was very wierd.

this sucks...how can EA miss this?!?!?!
Old 07-19-2007, 06:57 PM   #15
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Don't know whether this would help or not but I haven't had a single lockup BUT I have commentary off.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2007, 11:54 PM   #16
Rookie

Icebergz's Arena

OVR: 5

I was playing NCAA 08 and received this error. I then proceeded to try and turn the 360 off with my controller with no luck. I've since placed other games in the load tray from the dashboard and it says "reading" and then 3 seconds later it says "Insert a game, dvd, or cd" Like it's not even recognizing any disc at all. I let it rest for about 15 minutes....still no luck. Am I headed down the road of the 3 rings of death? This is a 360 elite not even 3 months old. Laying horizontal on a table with plenty of airflow.

Any ideas or suggestions?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »