Home

Advice on breaking past the d-line

This is a discussion on Advice on breaking past the d-line within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2007, 06:51 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Advice on breaking past the d-line

First of all, I am playing the 360 version. What combination of buttons seem to work for you when trying to break through the d-line. Is there on button that works better than the others? Many times I find myself getting pushed out of the action or set like a statue on display. I have broken through but no where near as much as I should. Thanks for your help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2007, 07:18 PM   #2
Pro

CptObvious's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Advice on breaking past the d-line

Not sure if you are asking from an Offensive perspective (aka as a running back) or from the perspective of BEING a Defensive linemen...then it would be breaking through the "o-line" I would think.
Old 07-19-2007, 08:44 PM   #3
Pro

kapo's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Advice on breaking past the d-line

Lay off the sprint button till you are sure you will hit the hole perfect, if it looks like you're going to have contact hit the cover up button. Other than that I can't give much more advice, if your back is good and doesn't fumble much you can try pressing up on the right stick but i would be careful doing that at the line if he has trouble holding onto the ball like my heels..heh.

If you're talking about a D lineman getting past a tackle/guard I can't offer much help there. I don't seem to be very good at it for some reason. Best advice I can offer is to use the move that your lineman is better at, and don't always use it either especially if its a running play and the back is heading towards you. Getting stuck in a finesse/power move animation could leave you vulnerable as the back passes you. Just hold left or right and you will catch him as he tries to run by.

North Carolina TarheelsCarolina PanthersCarolina Hurricanes Charlotte Hornets

Last edited by kapo; 07-19-2007 at 08:47 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »