Home

Weaksauce

This is a discussion on Weaksauce within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2007, 01:53 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: Weaksauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
And it's because of people like you that we'll never see botched snaps. Everyone howls they want this stuff, then complains when it happens to you. Yeah, i'm kidding myself thinking sometimes a team will have a lead and have some fumbles or picks and lose because of it in real football, what am I thinking? I must be living in some dreamworld I guess.
Don't be daft. If I'm the reason why there are not botched snaps then I'm going to call EA Sports and ask for a paycheck.

The problem is the fumbles in the game are completely arbitrary. It's always been this way. Fumbles just pop out and there's no user control over them. On top of that, the animations for fumbles create the feeling that fumbles are due to programming.

We've all seen EA Sports fumbles where you player is going down and automatically the ball comes out right before hitting the groud. They could help themselves by adding animations corresponding to fumbles.

This has been in the game since the beginning of these series. It happens far to much to be considered "real football".

I had a good example but forgot to save the replay of a ball just coming out throw no fault of my own. It was late in the game and the CPU just said, you are a going to fumble now. It wasn't off a big hit and I wasn't juking.

This has nothing to do with real football. You are kidding yourselves in thinking that EA Sports doesn't have some sort of programming in their for oppurtune fumbles and interceptions. They've toned down the comeback AI because we were on to them. But this is still an area where it happens far too often to be considered football.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »