Home

Formation substitutions

This is a discussion on Formation substitutions within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2007, 03:18 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 6
Formation substitutions

Is there a way to do this in one of the menu's. where i can make my 2nd string rb the starter in 3 or 4 set's, or do I have to manually do it in every game? Searched and searched for it but got nothing yet.

"The buckeyes play Akron, they play Kent State, I mean, they may win the MAC this year."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2007, 12:23 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Formation substitutions

While there are no formation subs, there is a nice workaround with second team QBs and RBs. NCAA has the packages when you are calling plays in the playcalling menu.

So - the first time you want to use your second team RB in a formation in a game, go to the formation in the playcalling screen and start hitting X to cycle through til you get to second team RB (you see his number on the RB in the formation). He will then be in the formation after you call the play.

The nice thing is that the game then uses this as the default every time you use the formation the rest of the game.

I did this with my backup QB in my wishbone formation. My starter is too slow for the wishbone, so my second team QB is a runner. I used him in the wishbone in the first quarter, and then this was the default the rest of the game every time I ran something out of the wishbone.
Old 07-21-2007, 06:07 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 6

thanks

"The buckeyes play Akron, they play Kent State, I mean, they may win the MAC this year."
Old 07-21-2007, 08:03 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Lack of formation subs is a real disappointment for me. Oh well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »