Home

Am I the only one who created Prospect, Cody Paul?

This is a discussion on Am I the only one who created Prospect, Cody Paul? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2007, 06:06 AM   #1
Rookie

FSUNolez's Arena

OVR: 3
Talking Am I the only one who created Prospect, Cody Paul?

Am I the only one who created Prospect, Cody Paul? For those who don't know who Cody Paul is, check out this video linked below! WOW! That's all I'm saying... WOW!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqSV1wnN5oQ

I created him as a Prospect in Dynasty Mode. I wanted to be able to recruit this kid, bad! lol. The kid is amazing!

Last edited by FSUNolez; 07-21-2007 at 06:10 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2007, 08:55 AM   #2
Rookie

ufox1810's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Am I the only one who created Prospect, Cody Paul?

Dad: "Well growing up son I always was a big Joe Montana fan. He was so calm under pressure and someone you could really idolize being a football player."

Cody: "No thanks Dad. I like Reggie Bush."
Old 07-21-2007, 11:31 AM   #3
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18

[sarcasm]Ya, dude... I create current peewee football players all the time... that's a perfectly normal thing.[/sarcasm]
Old 07-21-2007, 11:35 AM   #4
MVP

TheGamingChef's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgeno
[sarcasm]Ya, dude... I create current peewee football players all the time... that's a perfectly normal thing.[/sarcasm]
Agreed... that's actually kinda weird.

But whatever, dude, it's your game.
Old 07-21-2007, 12:06 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 16

Ya - I kind of see what you are saying with Cody Paul. He will be in my dynasty in a few years....

I honestly like to play my dynasty with real players. So - I always scour the internet looking for the real high school players to create as recruits. It is obviously really easy to find the top recruits for 2008 (Terrell Pryor, DeAngelo Tyson, AJ Green, Julio Jones, Jonathan Baldwin, etc.). I like to make 10 superstar recruits each year who are at least somewhat based on real life players. I think this adds some authenticity to the fact that 99% of the recruits are computer generated players.

Rivals.com gives you a pretty good sense of who the top guys will be in 2009 and even 2010. I will use this to make the top recruits for these seasons. After 2010, it is going to be tough. For 2011, I will probably do a search for 9th grade football in Google News this Fall to see who local newspapers are raving about. In particular, if there is a ninth grader at a top high school or the son of a top NFL star, I will go with them.

After 2012 is tough. You basically have to get creative in searching for football information. Florida and California have huge Pop Warner playoffs, so you can get a few names from there. Cody Paul plays Pop Warner, so I will probably make him the #1 RB/#1 overall for 2012. You can also get names from the NFL Punt, Pass and Kick competition - at least for QB.

But - anyway - I admit this is kind of strange to go to this effort, but, to me, this is why I like to play with the real players in FK's roster file. And - I think it will be cool if I can build Temple into a competitive program and land a top recruit like Cody Paul, and he becomes the guy who takes Temple closer to being a 6 star program (1 to 6 is a great achievement).

Did you make Cody Paul this year though? See - IMO - it is too early. 2012 seems right.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2007, 12:21 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

wow. he may be the greatest white athlete in history!!!!!!!
i am sooo gonna make him in my game.
Old 07-21-2007, 12:30 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 29

Creepy....
Old 07-21-2007, 12:31 PM   #8
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

OVR: 21

He will be average by the time he hits HS.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »