Home

ok need some advice on my recruits for NMSU

This is a discussion on ok need some advice on my recruits for NMSU within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2007, 12:23 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
ok need some advice on my recruits for NMSU

ok I am trying to bulk up my Dline. (they run the 3-4)

I am currently trying to recruit 300+ lb DT and more so heavy DEs 280+.

what should i look for in middle linebackers or in an outside linebacker to recruit?

also should i be recruiting more coverage DBs or what for my secondary.

I need help
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2007, 03:09 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: ok need some advice on my recruits for NMSU

Good questions! I am starting as Temple, and I honestly am not even going to bother at first with positions and player types. I went through and found the 2 star guys who had Temple in their top 3 or who had a green "interested" dot. With 25 scholarships to fill and a real need for talent, I'm going to land a bunch of sure things before I start going after specific positions and playing styles.
Old 07-21-2007, 03:38 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6

Well since you can edit recruits weight this year you can bump their weight up for your scheme. Seeing as how many DTs in real life put on a lot of weight you can edit the guy from year to year in a somewhat realistic fashion. So now when I look for a DT i don't always have to factor in size as greatly as I used to and I now look for strength.

For the ILBs I would recruit guys who have a lot of size, strength and tackling ability. For OLBs in a 3-4, I like to sometimes take undersized DEs and move them to outside. For those guys, I like tall, strong, quick guys.

I don't know much about DBs, but I would think that they would play the same as dbs in a 4-3. Maybe look for more athletic safetys so you can run zone blitzes with them.

Last edited by Mr. Moustafa; 07-21-2007 at 03:42 PM.
Old 07-21-2007, 04:12 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Moustafa
Well since you can edit recruits weight this year you can bump their weight up for your scheme. Seeing as how many DTs in real life put on a lot of weight you can edit the guy from year to year in a somewhat realistic fashion. So now when I look for a DT i don't always have to factor in size as greatly as I used to and I now look for strength.

For the ILBs I would recruit guys who have a lot of size, strength and tackling ability. For OLBs in a 3-4, I like to sometimes take undersized DEs and move them to outside. For those guys, I like tall, strong, quick guys.

I don't know much about DBs, but I would think that they would play the same as dbs in a 4-3. Maybe look for more athletic safetys so you can run zone blitzes with them.
I wont be editing at all, but ty for the information
Old 07-21-2007, 04:34 PM   #5
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelerfan2k1
Good questions! I am starting as Temple, and I honestly am not even going to bother at first with positions and player types. I went through and found the 2 star guys who had Temple in their top 3 or who had a green "interested" dot. With 25 scholarships to fill and a real need for talent, I'm going to land a bunch of sure things before I start going after specific positions and playing styles.
Good idea. I haven't started my dynasty yet, but I will be taking a terrible program and trying to make them a power house. This got me in trouble sometimes in College Hoops. I would play with a bad team and try too hard to get specific positions when there were kids willing to play for me with the same caliber rating.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2007, 06:36 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelerfan2k1
I will be starting with Maryland, not a bad team. For me I always go with the best available that is interested, then in state, and then maybe a diamond in the ruff. Example, A WR with ok hands, but fast as a gazelle. I use him to return kicks and hope he progresses to a good WR by his Jr. year. Also a player that fits your style of play and the team you have. If you run inside then a power back over speed. If you have some good LB than maybe you can focus your def. backs on coverage.
Old 07-21-2007, 06:48 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 7

I use the Miami Hurricanes. They aren't really hard to get 4*/5*, but they aren't the team they were 4 years ago. For my first year, I'm just getting the best guys I can get, but eventually in seasons 2 and 3 I'll get a better feel for my players and system and will adjust accordingly.
Old 07-22-2007, 06:50 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostone
ok I am trying to bulk up my Dline. (they run the 3-4)

I am currently trying to recruit 300+ lb DT and more so heavy DEs 280+.

what should i look for in middle linebackers or in an outside linebacker to recruit?

also should i be recruiting more coverage DBs or what for my secondary.

I need help
My suggestion, from 4 years of trying to recruit the 3-4 in NCAA, is go after DTs to fill the "DE" positions in the 3-4.

For the OLBs try small speedy DEs as well as OLBs

Last edited by JayWeL; 07-22-2007 at 06:54 PM. Reason: typo

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »