Home

This is by far the worst EA Sports game ever.

This is a discussion on This is by far the worst EA Sports game ever. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 12:08 AM   #17
MVP

redxiiixi's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: This is by far the worst EA Sports game ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thmst30
Not the worst, but the almost killer for me is the RIDICULOUS number of ints. As soon as you pass the ball it seems that every player on the defense magically swarms to the area the ball is going to come down and they pick off a ton, also its easy to pick off a ton of the CPUs passes as well. I play with Int slider on 0 for both AI and User, but still see about 4-5 combined ints a game. WAY to much.
4 INT's a game isn't too bad. It should come out to 2-3 however.
Old 07-22-2007, 12:10 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by thmst30
Not the worst, but the almost killer for me is the RIDICULOUS number of ints. As soon as you pass the ball it seems that every player on the defense magically swarms to the area the ball is going to come down and they pick off a ton, also its easy to pick off a ton of the CPUs passes as well. I play with Int slider on 0 for both AI and User, but still see about 4-5 combined ints a game. WAY to much.
I have not thrown 1 int that wasnt my fault on this game yet except for maybe twice and one was because my WR just got out played and out jumped and the other was he didnt even make an attempt to catch the ball.

My Teams
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Minnesota Vikings
NCAA FB: Nebraska Cornhuskers
NCAA BB: North Carolina Tar Heels
Old 07-22-2007, 12:34 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 1

wow, im ashamed to have the same avatar as this guy.

**switches avatar
Old 07-22-2007, 12:36 AM   #20
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

he appearently didnt play nba live 07 or 08
Old 07-22-2007, 12:38 AM   #21
Pro

OVR: 6

In the few day's since I've had it, this game has become borderline unplayable. Some of the issues I have are as follows.

1. Tackle animations - a complete game killer. Way, way, way to many times I will have a player tackled only for some defender on my team to run into him, which knocks me off, and starts another tackle animation, which another defender knocks him off, starting another...you get the point. This **** is beyond stupid. I've been on the short and long side of this turning 5 yard runs into 15 yard runs. The ratio for gang tackles to knocked off the ball carrier is about 50 / 50, which is nowhere near right. I've also seen players damn near vertical to the ground, only to get sucked into a new animation that brings him upright.

2. Defensive pressure - jesus christ, is there such a thing as pass protection in this game? Cpu blitzes way to much and way to effectively. I've seen my tackles and guards stand straight up in there stance and not touch a single person, run around a DT to go block a free safety, and actually move out of the way so that a blitzing linebacker can hit me. Shouldn't have to adjust sliders so that my linemen well at least play the part.

3. Interceptions - I don't even know what to say about this **** right here. Even with the slider set to 0 and my awareness turned down to 30, I still get about 4 a game. And no that is not average. 4 total turnovers maybe, but not int's a game. Three games into my dynasty and my cb is almost a lock to win the heisman, he has a whopping 9 picks.

4. Recievers - DON"T REACT TO THE BALL AT ALL WHATSOEVER! Some of the things I've seen recievers do are completely pass the point of sanity. And can you even complete a screen pass??? I've thrown about 25 and every one has been incomplete, it hits my rb and just falls on the ground. Yes, he is wide open, yes I tap the button as softly as I can, any and everything you say to try and make it sound like I am doing it wrong yes, yes, yes. Seriously, has anyone completed one yet?

5. Presentation - **** is horrible. No sort of pre game, no intro to the teams. They don't even show teams celebrating after a win, or lee and kirk giving post game analysis. The espn weekly crap is just an ugly clutter of garbage that I can barely comprehend. What's with all the bullet's and crap?

I have to say I am horribly disappointed with this game. I am going to see if it grows on me, but something tells me I am going to wrap that plastic back around it some time next week and swear up and down to my local wal mart employee that i never opened it

"The buckeyes play Akron, they play Kent State, I mean, they may win the MAC this year."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2007, 12:42 AM   #22
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by redxiiixi
4 INT's a game isn't too bad. It should come out to 2-3 however.
4 INTs is ridiculous. I have 26 INTs on Heisman with my INT sliders at 0 through 6 games. I'm half way through the season and have 1 more INT than any real team in 2006. Granted, it evens out because I've thrown 24. Hell, it got so bad during my game with Florida, I had the option of spying the QB and getting an INT on every throw or not spying and letting him run.

There are other major problems:

1. Dynasty depth charts. When they aren't resetting, they're warped into some time-space continuum where certain players disappear.

2. The damn booth reviews every other play, which simply wastes everyone's time since you can't manually review a booth review.

3. The computer now misses kicks wide, yet a 70 KPW kicker can still boot a 56 yarder.

4. The stuttering and overall unresponsiveness is awful.

5. The media poll. Does it exist?
Old 07-22-2007, 12:49 AM   #23
MVP

Hurricain's Arena

OVR: 10

Gotta agree with the interceptions. There are way too many. Why make a slider called interception and have it do nothing? Never understand that.
Old 07-22-2007, 12:49 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 1

i cant understand some of you guys, but everyones entitled to their own opinion. nobody said the game was going to be perfect, every game has flaws. and as for the worst ea sports game of all-time, you can easily take the entire nba live series. at least this game has people complaining about great defense unlike the live series haha.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »