Home

Is it me or can EA not win?

This is a discussion on Is it me or can EA not win? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2007, 09:20 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: Is it me or can EA not win?

I agree the ps2 versions of NCAA had great atmostphere and fun factor. Do you think EA is taking their sweet time implementing these things to take money out of our pockets and leave us wanting more, or do you think it just takes time to add everything in realistically. I dont really see where this game's atmosphere is bad. It's good imo. Yeah they could have thrown in a halftime show but maybe they ran out of time. Or maybe they are stealing from us. Who knows. The important things are implemented well in this game is all I'm saying. I find it hard to find things wrong with this game minus teh interception issues. I don't see these deficiencies that people are talking about.
Old 07-22-2007, 09:31 PM   #10
Pro

Badboy49er's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoMiss2000
no, for most, EA can't win. when people can play ncaa 2008 and say it's "the same ol, same ol'....No EA can't win.
Cosign...
Old 07-22-2007, 09:33 PM   #11
Banned

Gone are the days of being able to smash the backboard and having jets fly overhead and fireworks going off and stuff like that. Where's the blimp? Maybe if EA added some of that stuff back people would be happy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2007, 11:52 PM   #12
MVP

BSanders's Arena

OVR: 11

Well.. My opinion 2k and EA both loss this year, I give better presentation to 2k and better gameplay to EA but let's be honest EA should have the halftime show like APF2k8 and 2k should of had multiplayer franchise. I applaud EA for the improved gameplay but my question is.. What is taking so long for the presentation and why in the world did the guys running out on the field taken out. Oh well... 2k dropped the ball this year with the lack of game modes and EA dropped it also with freezing and no presentation but looks like they are taking features from APF2k8 when you watch videos for Madden 08. I can't wait for NBA2k8 because the wait each year for a good football game is getting old.
Old 07-22-2007, 11:56 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 12

Can't win? Try they can't lose. They have a monopoly on college and pro football. They could simply update rosters every year and still sell a ton of games. When you have a monopoly on a product, you can expect to take criticism.

I do think some of the criticism is unwarranted though. When people throw a fit over missing the shoelace color of Alabama A&M or because a small thing is missing from a stadium, it's unfair. But a lot of the criticism about gameplay and removing features is warranted.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:01 AM   #14
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker8
EA makes billions of dollars and sells tons of games.
Quote:
Originally Posted by white guy
I'd say EA can't lose.

That pretty much sums it up...
College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #2; Currently in Year-12.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:02 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSanders
Well.. My opinion 2k and EA both loss this year, I give better presentation to 2k and better gameplay to EA but let's be honest EA should have the halftime show like APF2k8 and 2k should of had multiplayer franchise. I applaud EA for the improved gameplay but my question is.. What is taking so long for the presentation and why in the world did the guys running out on the field taken out. Oh well... 2k dropped the ball this year with the lack of game modes and EA dropped it also with freezing and no presentation but looks like they are taking features from APF2k8 when you watch videos for Madden 08. I can't wait for NBA2k8 because the wait each year for a good football game is getting old.
I think sports games period on the 360 have lost. We're two years into the system and games are still missing features and functions from the previous generation. I could understand the first version of a game missing some features due to time constraints, but a few versions in should have given time to catch up. Maybe gamers are just demanding less these days.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2007, 12:04 AM   #16
Banned

OVR: 30

To whom much is given, much is expected.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »