Home

Auto-Recruiting

This is a discussion on Auto-Recruiting within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2007, 10:22 AM   #1
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35
Auto-Recruiting

Is there a way that you can turn on an auto-recruiting feature?

I just don't have the time to waste an hour for recruiting
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2007, 10:29 AM   #2
MVP

jkra0512's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Auto-Recruiting

Unless you turned it off it should already be on. If it is turned off, go to Coaching Options where you have a choice to move sliders for your team's offense and defense prefs. Click the cpu options using the RT and you should see 3 options having to do with recruiting. Hopefully this helps.

You may have to choose your recruits the first time but after that the CPU takes over if you want.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:30 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkra0512
Unless you turned it off it should already be on. If it is turned off, go to Coaching Options where you have a choice to move sliders for your team's offense and defense prefs. Click the cpu options using the RT and you should see 3 options having to do with recruiting. Hopefully this helps.

You may have to choose your recruits the first time but after that the CPU takes over if you want.
I think it will pick recruits for you, too. I didn't fill up my 35 slots, and the CPU filled up the rest. It doesn't do a very good job, though. I forgot to recruit one week, and it had messed my stuff all up. I had to do some smooth talking to get back in good graces with a couple of recruits.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:40 AM   #4
MVP

jkra0512's Arena

You know what, you're right because I remember I had my board full of 4* and 5* recruits and I only filled it up to 20 and they ended up filling in the last 15 with a bunch of 2* ATH.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:50 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 12

I go the the prospect list and sort out all of the interested prospects indicated by the green icon and recruit the kids that have my school in their top 3. If I come up short of filling out the 35 prospects then I go after recruits that don't have my school in their top 3. After I compile my initial list of 35 I let the cpu do the rest and it does a good job.

With Colorado State all of my positions of need were filled and I landed four 4* recruits and a ton of 3's and a few 2's.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2007, 10:52 AM   #6
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

I really wish EA would put more effort into their assisted recruiting. Not everyone likes to dive into all that stuff. I would much rather spend my time playing the games than obsessing over all the in-season recruiting. EA could at least give you the option to have in-season recruiting or not. I would much rather just do the offseason recruiting like in the past.

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators
Old 07-23-2007, 10:55 AM   #7
MVP

jkra0512's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aukevin
I really wish EA would put more effort into their assisted recruiting. Not everyone likes to dive into all that stuff. I would much rather spend my time playing the games than obsessing over all the in-season recruiting. EA could at least give you the option to have in-season recruiting or not. I would much rather just do the offseason recruiting like in the past.
I agree with that but I also think that this is one of their big selling points to us consumers so they beat it to death this year and give us the option next year or the year after or the year after that....lol
Old 07-23-2007, 11:00 AM   #8
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30

I don't really care for in-season recruiting either. Even though it's more realistic, I just don't want to spend a half hour or whatever between every game messing with it. It's much easier to say 'Okay, time for recruiting' after the season's over and really put the time in, as opposed to rushing through it because I want to play my next game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »