Home

These interceptions are absolutely insane

This is a discussion on These interceptions are absolutely insane within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2007, 08:12 PM   #73
--------------

dieselboy's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: These interceptions are absolutely insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJets

I am still seeing way too many fumbles though, even when holding the cover ball button.
Old 07-24-2007, 08:22 PM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 8

Just played a game with 10 turnovers, Human 4 and CPU 6 on AA difficulty. This game is defense oriented. However the int's were legitimate.

Last edited by Moshood; 07-24-2007 at 08:25 PM.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:06 PM   #75
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedmanR
What adjustments have you personally made to reduce the amount of picks the CPU throws if any ... I know why and if I throw them. My problem tends to be my judgement, I myself have to do a better job of throwing the ball away or take the sack, but if any team(qb) is trailering they'll go out on a limb. Two picks a game seem realistic from a cpu and human standpoint within game means.

The one thing that stands out the most IMO boils down to the qb's fundementals ... Read the coverage quickly after the snap, plant your feet and don't force passes on the run if your signalcaller doesn't posses good moblity skills. Sometimes I'd wish I could just grab the cpu qb's face mask and sit him down myself
I'm getting better on offense but through 4 games I have the worst rush offense in the NCAA (#119). Anyways, this is what I'm using to add more offense and prevent the CPU from throwing too many picks. I drop INT and knockdowns to 0 for both sides and lower awareness for both (more for the user though). I still stink but after beating Georgia 24-21 with 2 seconds left, it kept the critics off my back another week (only 1-3 with Bama). This is on AA with 7 minute quarters.

OFFENSE HUM CPU
QB ACC 50 50
PASS BLK 70 25
WR CATCH 50 50
RB ABLTY 60 60
RUN BLK 65 65

DEFENSE HUM CPU
AWR 25 40
KNKDWNS 0 0
INT 0 0
BRK BLK 50 50
TKL 50 50

SP TEAMS HUM CPU
FG LNGTH 25 15
FG ACC 40 40
PNT LNGTH 20 35
PNT ACC 50 50
KO LNGTH 40 40
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2007, 01:03 AM   #76
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
Lower your DAWR to about 20-25. It has worked like a charm for me.

DAWR 20
KNDN 95
INT 0
CPU ACC 55

I have only had one game in the last 9 where I had more than 2 picks. I typically only have one and there were two where the CPU threw zero...yes ZERO. Last couple of games....Booty threw only 1 INT vs. my Gators and it was where I laaaaaaaid out Hazelton and caught the deflection (awesome), Tharp from Boise St. didn't throw any vs. Hawaii, Henne threw only one vs. Mich St. and I think I picked off Brohm twice with Kentucky.

Give it a shot. I was extremely frustrated like you a couple of days ago and I just tweaked Playmakers sliders a bit until I was satisfied. I just hope this wasn't a good stretch because last year it was awful.
would you mind posting the whole sliders set?

thanks.
Old 07-25-2007, 08:18 AM   #77
It is now the SW Era

muggins's Arena

OVR: 25

Played Clemson as CMU last night. Clemson takes it down to my 20 on their first drive and throws a pick. I run it back for a td. Next drive, I throw a pick. Next drive, they throw a pick.

Ugh.

BAD BOYS BAD BOYS
Old 07-25-2007, 08:28 AM   #78
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugginns
Played Clemson as CMU last night. Clemson takes it down to my 20 on their first drive and throws a pick. I run it back for a td. Next drive, I throw a pick. Next drive, they throw a pick.

Ugh.
stop the madness, DEF AWR to 35, INT to 0, KNCKDWN to 100!

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-25-2007, 08:38 AM   #79
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
stop the madness, DEF AWR to 35, INT to 0, KNCKDWN to 100!
Why is everyone putting knockdowns to 100 to eliminate ints? That doesn't reduce INTs at all. If anything it allows a DB to bat the ball more which can result in picks. With the low trajectory of passes I set knockdowns to 0 for both sides (along with 0 for INT). Having 0 for knockdowns helps open up the deep ball a bit and prevents the DBs from warping to the ball as well.

I agree that dropping def. awareness is probably the biggest key in reducing INTs on both sides. It works for me anyways. I have a positive TD/INT ratio (barely) and I had a game where Nate Longshore threw for 5 TDs on AA and 0 INTs against me (I have user def. awareness at 25).
Old 07-25-2007, 08:45 AM   #80
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Why is everyone putting knockdowns to 100 to eliminate ints? That doesn't reduce INTs at all. If anything it allows a DB to bat the ball more which can result in picks. With the low trajectory of passes I set knockdowns to 0 for both sides (along with 0 for INT). Having 0 for knockdowns helps open up the deep ball a bit and prevents the DBs from warping to the ball as well.

I agree that dropping def. awareness is probably the biggest key in reducing INTs on both sides. It works for me anyways. I have a positive TD/INT ratio (barely) and I had a game where Nate Longshore threw for 5 TDs on AA and 0 INTs against me (I have user def. awareness at 25).
That's why you offset the KN slider by upping accuracy and PB a little bit. THe CPU QB freaks out when under a pass rush too much.

I put up my sliders in the forum btw.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »