Home

hows your dyansty?

This is a discussion on hows your dyansty? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2007, 12:51 PM   #33
It is now the SW Era

muggins's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: hows your dyansty?

I'm having fun in my CMU dynasty. I think I'm 3-2 with losses to WVU (Scheduled them to see how Slaton and White are, totally ridiculous!) and Ball St. ( ). I beat Army pretty bad, beat Purdue pretty bad, and Toledo pretty bad. I guess I'm 4-2.

My star QB (LeFavour) fractured his foot in the opening game

I am going to have to get a new playbook as well, the CMU one is terrible.

BAD BOYS BAD BOYS
Old 07-25-2007, 12:51 PM   #34
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
0-4 probably won't happen but 1-3 could. Their first 8 games are really tough and with an all new offense they could very well start the year 3-5. They have 4 creampuffs down the stretch but no way they make a BCS bowl game this year.
Oh I definitely agree, I was just saying EA might have overrated them two years in a row if they had some hidden love afair w. the Irish.

It's surprising how awful their defense is, apparently they can't stop anyone.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 07-25-2007, 12:52 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44

3-0 with UNC. 2 cup cake games and a 26-20 win over Virginia. One more easy game then it's Miami and VT back to back.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2007, 02:50 AM   #36
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLaren
In my 1st year playing with Stanford I went 10-3, finished ranked #18 (but I still won my division), and beat West Virginia in the Rose Bowl. My school's prestige level went up from 3 stars to 4 stars and I was offered a 4-year contract extension from Stanford.

I'm in my 2ND year now and I came into the season with a 25th ranked recruiting class but my overall team ranking was 32.

I'm currently 2-0 but I'm having a more difficult time recruiting so far because this year I'm trying my luck with the higher rank'd players; but I'm probably going to go back to trying to grab all of the "top" 3-star players because most of the 4 and 5 star guys still don't respect Stanford (even though we won the Rose Bowl ).

It's cool though, when we're on top of the PAC-10 again with another Rose Bowl trophy all of the recruits who are snubing me now will be begging for a scholarship in the off-season

YEAR 2 RECAP

I'd be kidding myself if I tried to say that this season was anything less than a dissappointment.

-Finished 9-5
-My team played down to their competition and lost games we should have won
-Didn't finish in the top25
-Was ranked 3rd in the PAC-10
-Lost my rivalry game to Cal (a game that would have sent us to a higher profile bowl) because they returned a KICK-OFF to win by 3 with NO TIME LEFT ON THE CLOCK; no lie, I actually sat up at night and lost sleep over that loss...
-Went to a weak bowl and I was so dis-heartened by that Cal defeat that I played like garbage and lost to Notre Dame; so we finish the season with nothing to show for it.

I'm playing with Stanford so in reality I should just be happy to finish above .500, but after winning the Rose Bowl in YEAR 1 I thought some of that magic would carry over into YEAR 2...How wrong I was...

The only saving grace for this year is that most of my guys are sophmores and juniors so next year we'll be more talented, and so far all of the guys at the top of my recruiting list have agreed to come to my school...

...Hopefully YEAR 3 will be our return to glory...
College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #2; Currently in Year-12.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.

Last edited by DLaren; 07-31-2007 at 02:59 AM.
Old 07-31-2007, 08:43 AM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 3

Recently finished up year 1 with UNC. Went 8-5, lost some crappy bowl game to Purdue 20-45. Ended up with 10th best recruiting class so hopefully things are looking up for yr 2. I have started it out 3-1, 2-0 in ACC so far so still have a chance for BCS.
Old 07-31-2007, 12:05 PM   #38
Rookie

yantis0524's Arena

OVR: 2

I'm 1-4 with Temple in my first year. My defense sucks and I'm having trouble running the ball consistently. I'm using Playmaker's sliders.
Old 07-31-2007, 12:17 PM   #39
Pro

dawhitepowder's Arena

OVR: 8

Just started yesterday with Florida, I'm 2-0 so far, Troy just played me tough at home. I'm using Playmakers sliders as well

Old 07-31-2007, 04:21 PM   #40
Rookie

Mr. Rad's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by yantis0524
I'm 1-4 with Temple in my first year. My defense sucks and I'm having trouble running the ball consistently. I'm using Playmaker's sliders.
Stick with them. I played a number of seasons with Temple last year. It was painful at first, and right when I thought I was too crappy to build the team up I turned the corner. Got an invite to the Big East, locked down recruiting in PA and the mid-atlantic, won the Big East a couple times. It was fun.

This year I'm starting with Houston, I'm 6-4 I think but getting better as I get deep into conference play. Won a thriller against Rice 33-30, and won in triple overtime against UTEP, who was leading the division at the time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »