Home

No way to sugarcoat it -- this game was not ready

This is a discussion on No way to sugarcoat it -- this game was not ready within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 07:12 PM   #57
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: No way to sugarcoat it -- this game was not ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxAbbitt
I think sports game fans expectations are just so far out there right now, that no company can really meet them.

When was the last sports game that really made everyone happy?
Atari Realsports Football on the 2600

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-25-2007, 07:12 PM   #58
MVP

Earl1963's Arena

OVR: 11

Have any of you made a game before. I bet it's really hard.
Old 07-25-2007, 07:16 PM   #59
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxAbbitt
I think sports game fans expectations are just so far out there right now, that no company can really meet them.

When was the last sports game that really made everyone happy?
Like I said, I understand where you're coming from. And I can only speak for myself, of course, but I don't think my expectations are too outlandish. If there's one thing I think most sports titles have in common, it's that they spend too much time developing things that are ultimately secondary to the 'cause'. It's a 'money first' attitude from beginning to end. 'What can we include that will sell more units to first-time buyers?'

While I know that's just a fact of life, it still pains me that we see major additions to Campus Legend, recruiting, and things like 'jump the snap' and 'momentum' before we see proper ball physics, realistic OL/DL interaction, and a quality play-calling mechanic from the CPU.
Old 07-25-2007, 07:16 PM   #60
Pro

GamingJones's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Atari Realsports Football on the 2600

I prefered 10 yard fight on the NES. The passing pocket was much more realistic.

Old 07-25-2007, 07:16 PM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 3

i dont agree.

just got finished playing a game against wisconsin, i was illinois.

i threw an INT early in the game, and that was it.
wisconsin threw 0 INTs the entire game.

there were a few fumbles, but all but one was overturned.

the only fumble that wasnt reviewed was wisconsins fumble in OT.

i won off that fumble. 33-27

every other game i play, i might have 2 INTs at max.
im in the 10th week of the season and none of my players have more than 5 INTS, maybe not even 5.
my QB has thrown more INTs than TDs but, they were all my fault, given the fact I play everygame.
a few i shouldnt have thrown, and a few could have been caught by me or the defense, but nothin weird.

im playin on AA with some dudes sliders.
(im saving my heisman dynasty for when the final rosters come out.)

but bottom line, i dont agree.
i think its a human error thing.

Last edited by TheGreat; 07-25-2007 at 07:19 PM. Reason: left something out
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2007, 07:17 PM   #62
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl1963
Have any of you made a game before. I bet it's really hard.
'Hard' is a pretty relative term when you've got a budget in the tens of millions.
Old 07-25-2007, 07:18 PM   #63
Pro

GamingJones's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undefeated
Like I said, I understand where you're coming from. And I can only speak for myself, of course, but I don't think my expectations are too outlandish. If there's one thing I think most sports titles have in common, it's that they spend too much time developing things that are ultimately secondary to the 'cause'. It's a 'money first' attitude from beginning to end. 'What can we include that will sell more units to first-time buyers?'

While I know that's just a fact of life, it still pains me that we see major additions to Campus Legend, recruiting, and things like 'jump the snap' and 'momentum' before we see proper ball physics, realistic OL/DL interaction, and a quality play-calling mechanic from the CPU.
I think we are in agreement.

Our tastes for football gaming is very much a niche market. Unfortunately, most game companies sell to the mass market.
Old 07-25-2007, 07:51 PM   #64
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Yeah, I'm not sure on the sensitivity issue. I don't know what to say on that note, I'm just giving the corresponding receiver a quick tap and it's worked for me.
Oh, it works. I don't deny that. I've gotten it to work plenty of times. But there are plenty of times when i feel I tapped the button and the ball was zipped. I don't remember having that problem with past games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
High user team int's are generated by sliders and your abilities to read the defense. Last night on Heisman, there were 2 int's each by each QB. I didn't think that was bad for college.

It's not just the INT sliders that affect INT's. It's QB Accur , Wr catching, defensive awr and knockdowns. You need to play with all four of these to develop the sliders you deem appropriate for int's on both sides of the ball. Also, pump fakes and play action passes are good calls as well.

It's not as easy as just setting int's to 0 on both ends. Once you feel you have the right balance with the above 4 sliders, you need to play at least 5-10 games for a larger sample size vs 1 or 2 games.
I'm aware. I use slider "sets" from the slider forums, like many others. Yet, many of us still experience a high number of picks on both sides.

And like someone says above. The sliders should be more concrete. Setting the INT slider to 0 should force the CPU to drop or only attempt to deflect all/most passes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »