Home

RECRUITING QUESTIONS!

This is a discussion on RECRUITING QUESTIONS! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2007, 12:25 AM   #41
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: RECRUITING QUESTIONS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan
That's what I've been doing too. If I've pitched what we're good at, swayed the recruit but his interest in said pitch doesn't rise to but say 'average' before the pitch is locked should I just cut bait and move on?
yep.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2007, 11:39 AM   #42
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan
That's what I've been doing too. If I've pitched what we're good at, swayed the recruit but his interest in said pitch doesn't rise to but say 'average' before the pitch is locked should I just cut bait and move on?
Yeah. Sway pitches that work in your favor on the second or third page of this thread i give a good breakdown of how to make pitches work great.

Quote:
Hey guys I have a few quick questions:

1. I am having trouble conserving time to get to each prospect each week, what can I do?

2. Should I continue talking to the recruit until he hangs up, or is it okay to hang up on him?

3. Is it important to find every single opinion that the recruit has on each pitch?

4. Is it necessary to talk to each and every recruit, every week?
1- you dont have to get to each prospect every week all season. This is how i do it.

First few weeks spend as much time as needed to find good pitch points for yuor top 5-6 recruits, this may take a few hours but they need alot of atttention early or youll get the red face of doom

After you have good pitch points for them schedule them for late season visits week 8 or later and spend around a half hour a week each depending on how high they are on your school. By week 8 you should have enough info on them to have a good visit and it alows you time to get to all of your recruits week to week. I probably dont talk to more than 15 recruits a week throughotu the season, but if you buffer visits and rankings right you should always have a good recrutiing year

2- Its fine to hang up on guys but its best to leave them with the big green smile. It also helps to at leas have one "pitch complete" notification per call on a high pitch. By the mid season you should just get one of these per recruit.

3- yes depending on your schools abilities. If you have a small school then you need to find if they like your strengths and if they dont sway them as much as possible. If they like your weaknesses sway them down this way you give yourself the best chances. If you have all great and elite status's then you still want to find as many high matches as possible cause it will help in close descisions between you and other teams.

4- again no i talk to around 15-20 every week and try to leave an hour for the cpu to simulate.
Old 07-28-2007, 01:58 PM   #43
Rookie

frago's Arena

OVR: 6

Pretty much the whole gist of the recruiting system is to gain interest by matching as closely your ratings to his interests. This works high and low.

For example if you stink in academics and he has it very high, in order to gain favor in that category you must sway him down by telling him Acedemics isnt important. Categories only sway on level per week or 1 chance a week to sway them a certain way. Most and least will always be locked in.

The smiling face plays absolutely zero role in his interest level. It is simply a tool for keeping them on the phone long enough to gain information and sway them to your side.

While you must find the high marks for the visit activities being afraid to pitch a poor rating is not necessary. This is how you bring them closer to you and also to take them away from the other sharks er schools.

If you are using a high rated school , well it stinks for you because obviously EA did not take into account that schools will be super high rated across the board. Just pick and choose and you can get everyone you want. The system highly shines with poor schools that need the sway command to pay off if ever to wrestle and high prospect away from his favorite school.
Old 07-28-2007, 03:16 PM   #44
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

the good thing is that the most important things never change. if you want to cheese it up a bit (i'm guility) you can just go through and find out the most important pitches, back out of your dynasty, load it back up and pick the most important pitch on the first guess.

Currently Listening: The D.O.C.: No One Can Do It Better (evidence that rap music used to be good!)
Old 07-28-2007, 04:05 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 3

this is so inciteful.

i dont really have anymore questions.
that post from maddenmania answered alot of my questions.

kudos for posting that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2007, 04:48 PM   #46
Stop! Homer Time!

theaub's Arena

OVR: 35

Heh...I've picked up 9 recruits in-season so far. Dusting Alabama 82-10 with 13 recruits on hand didn't hurt .

And yes, that game was an anomaly. I haven't won a game by more than 20 otherwise.
Old 07-28-2007, 05:20 PM   #47
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by theaub
Heh...I've picked up 9 recruits in-season so far. Dusting Alabama 82-10 with 13 recruits on hand didn't hurt .

And yes, that game was an anomaly. I haven't won a game by more than 20 otherwise.
What are you playing on? "Sissy Girl Scout"
Old 07-28-2007, 05:59 PM   #48
Stop! Homer Time!

theaub's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soldier
What are you playing on? "Sissy Girl Scout"
I think they quit when the start of the game went like this:

Alabama punt
Auburn TD
Alabama punt
Auburn TD
Auburn pick six
Auburn kickoff fumble recovery for TD

And now I'm losing to Kentucky in the SEC Championship. Figures.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »