Home

No way to sugar coat it...THIS GAME ROCKS!!!!

This is a discussion on No way to sugar coat it...THIS GAME ROCKS!!!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2007, 08:36 AM   #17
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: No way to sugar coat it...THIS GAME ROCKS!!!!

Amen man, I love this game too, best football game ever made IMO! My only issue now is the DDE issue i'm having. Other than that I'd play the crap out of this thing (maybe I already have, hence my DDE issue, LOL).

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-26-2007, 08:40 AM   #18
Gaming Fool.

PAPERNUT's Arena

OVR: 8

I agree. I hated 07, but 08 is a big improvement for gameplay and fun factor.
Twitter
YouTube
Old 07-26-2007, 08:49 AM   #19
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undefeated
Why does every thread invariably contain a post like this? At least for me, the issue was never user interceptions, but CPU interceptions. Nor is it about winning; it's about getting a competitive, strategic game out of the CPU. I don't know about you, but I'm playing to get that proverbial 'chess on grass' experience. Winning because the CPU threw six interceptions, or because it can't recognize that it should run when I throw a nickel at them five straight plays, doesn't exactly get my competitive juices flowing.

The game doesn't suck. I played three games today, I'll probably play five more tomorrow; I like it fine. But let's not get carried away. It's got plenty of problems. At the end of the day, the AI is only marginally better, if that, than games we've already seen, NFL 2K5 and NCAA 04 among them.

Have your stroke-fest thread, don't let me get in the way. But it's one thing to like the game; it's another to claim it's 'all that'.

This is a good game. I've been getting great games in my dynasty with USF but sometimes the computer makes bonehead decisions. Last night I was down 3 to FAU with a minute left, no time-outs, their ball. All they had to do was take a kneel but they ran 2 straight plays, the 2nd of which they did an option and fumbled. I recover and the next play I score. Double edged sword because of the stupidity of the call but on the TD I scored I got my first deepball.

One thing I really like about this game is when you play star players they perform like they should. I played WVU and Slaton was an absolute animal in the open field. Jukes, stiff-arms, spins, you name-it. For the first time in a while I was generally nervous when he got the ball.
Old 07-26-2007, 08:55 AM   #20
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

As I told you last night AA, I agree 100%. Best since 2004.

Old 07-26-2007, 09:12 AM   #21
I'm in here...

OVR: 7

Campus Legend makes the game kick ***!!!

I always played and never saved highlights. I saved a CL highlight, I didn't know that your highlights play on the screen in the main menu. I sat there smiling, wanting to play more to create more highlights.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2007, 09:31 AM   #22
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

amen br ther!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-26-2007, 09:40 AM   #23
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22

What slider tweaks have you made AA?
Old 07-26-2007, 09:42 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 3

aww man I have got to say... I was doing something on offense and every single play (for about 4 plays in the 3rd quarter ) My offense was getting blitzed like crazy and I was getting sacked like crazy. so I changed up my play calling to quick passes and slants and the game backed off its blitzing after I hit them with those quick passes. NO game is the same as ODogg stated awhile ago.

Also I was about to get the dreaded DDE when suddenly... the game just started acting right and I was able to play 4 games without a studder at all. IT WAS GREAT.. then I had to goto bed because I work preload UPS

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »