Home

Motivation. Are you guys noticing anything?

This is a discussion on Motivation. Are you guys noticing anything? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2007, 12:27 AM   #9
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Motivation. Are you guys noticing anything?

*Note to self* Start paying attention to 'motivation levels'.
College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #2; Currently in Year-12.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:45 AM   #10
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39

Yea I have pretty much stuck to Campus Legend mode, and havent noticed my Oline all being motivated, but I think thats pretty cool. I have seen my TE motivated and he caught everything, even when I laid him out to dry, but also noticed running to his side was good, tosses worked extremely well.
Old 07-27-2007, 01:12 AM   #11
Rookie

Tig5309's Arena

OVR: 4

So far I like this feature a lot. It is noticeable at times but doesn't seem crazy like momentum was last year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2007, 01:23 AM   #12
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tig5309
So far I like this feature a lot. It is noticeable at times but doesn't seem crazy like momentum was last year.
Yea thats why I like it, EA didnt take the feature to the extreme. I am impressed.
Old 07-27-2007, 08:39 AM   #13
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstevens13
I've found that if I start out a game with safe runs and safe, short passes, my players get motivated and it turns into them performaning better throughout the rest of the game.

The worst is when you fumble or thrown an interception right at the beginning of the game...things can really snowball.
Couldn't agree w/ you more. I have to really get my offense going w/ pounding the run, and throwing in the flats. Then after a possesion or two of running my O that way I start to get more aggressive, Calling deep PA routes. Running the option. I tried to go out there and gun right off the bat, but I was turning the ball over or not making the big play. You really have to be consistent and work your O.

Last edited by JBH3; 07-31-2007 at 03:55 PM.
Old 07-27-2007, 02:00 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3

So we can all conclude that fumbles and ints are related to how motivated your players are. Of course you still need to make the correct reads when throwing to motivated players.

For the people having problems with fumbles and ints. They need to make sure to have a safe productive first drive on offense. That means not going 3 and out. Protecting the football while running. Making sure your QB spots any blitzes and gets rid of the football before getting sacked.Your players will get motivated by driving down the field, even if you don’t score. Just don’t force any turn overs and you should be good. Once you turn over the football, the rest of the game will be a struggle.

I’m going to pay attention to throwing deep to motivated WR’s. Specifically the WR’s in 1 on 1 coverage. I still often find seeing a 1 on 1 match up down field. I lob a pass up. The CB has his back turn looking at the WR. He then turns around the last second and intercepts the football with 1 hand! Too bad EA didn’t program the game to have more deflections with 1 on 1 coverage. If anybody tries throwing with 1 on 1 coverage to a highly motivated WR. Please let me know your results.
Old 07-27-2007, 02:19 PM   #15
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsr888
When my WRs and Qb are hot, I notice the WRs actually come back for the ball and fight for the pass. Passes that normally get picked off or being caught for passes instead of ints.

The only thing that needs to be fixed are those damn one on one INTs. I don't think I've seen any deflection animations from the cpu defense.

Normally the game tells you of a motivation boost but my QB usually gets one automatically for some reason.

They did do a great job with this as it isn't overdone. My SS got a boost once and coming up to support the run was really fun.

I had threw an INT of a deflection last night. Damn TE flat out dropped the ball and their safety was in position to scoop it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2007, 03:26 PM   #16
MVP

RedmanR's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsr888
So we can all conclude that fumbles and ints are related to how motivated your players are. Of course you still need to make the correct reads when throwing to motivated players.

For the people having problems with fumbles and ints. They need to make sure to have a safe productive first drive on offense. That means not going 3 and out. Protecting the football while running. Making sure your QB spots any blitzes and gets rid of the football before getting sacked.Your players will get motivated by driving down the field, even if you don’t score. Just don’t force any turn overs and you should be good. Once you turn over the football, the rest of the game will be a struggle.
Great summary bro... Your right IMO 90% where the other 10% may fall on game programming. I have played as or against several top, middle and low tier teams and have witnessed a varity of CPU play on both sides of the ball and came to conclude that it really doesn't matter who you play as or against your on field play and playcalling are all taken into account and this I enjoy very much. I myself have learn to play a more disciplined style of football unlike last years... So don't force turnovers as GSR stated above... I did... and found myself on the wrong side of a few gamebreakers myself.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »