Home

Great Game(s)

This is a discussion on Great Game(s) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2007, 07:11 PM   #1
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33
Great Game(s)

I played one of the toughest and best games today.

In my quest to make a 1 star into a 6 star, I'm using Kent State, and at this point am a 4 star. I put #2 Texas on the schedule to get over the hump. In past games I could beat higher teams pretty easily......was I in for a surprise.

1st Quarter: I stop their first drive, and score on mine. I'm thinking this going to be easy. I guess the A.I got pissed b/c they marched right down the field doing what they wanted when they wanted. But when they did score they missed the extra point.

2nd Quarter: I start to throw int after int, but my defense still continues to hold. Finally I pick one off from them and return it for a TD, score 14-6.

3rd Quarter: I'm thinking I got this, this is going to be easy. I go 3 and out. They again go down the field doing what they want and score. Back on offense I fumble in the red zone, they return it. That easily I'm now down 20-14(they made one 2 point conversion, and missed another).

4th Quarter: Things get real interesting here. I start dinking and dunking w/ my passing game and using draws and counters. I score with a 20+ yard run, thinking this game is mine(20-21). Texas sh!ts on my parade w/ their RB breaking 4 tackles and running it in with 40 seconds left(27-21). They kick the ball off, I run to the right see a little daylight make a nice juke and get all the way to the 2 yd line. At this time I'm going crazy. I run it in in about 2 plays. They get the ball back and I run a cover 2(don't know why). I blitz my MLB to bait the QB, he falls for it, throws it to the middle, I make the safety break, pick it off and secure the game. I win 28-27.

So with all that being said, anyone have any great games yet??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2007, 07:18 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Great Game(s)

Wow that would be an intense game.

In my dynasty with the badgers UNLV was shutting me down in the second game of the year. I came back from being down 13 in the fourth to win with a Kick Return for a TD and also a Pick for a TD, my offense was horrid. I won 21-20 it was great with just one offensive touch down and only 41 yards by P.J. Hill.
Old 07-27-2007, 07:42 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

I had a heartbreaker with Miami (me) against FSU who was ranked #7 at the time. I was not ranked and badly needed this win as a lot of recruits were coming to this game. After the first half, I was up 35-17 and thought it was going to be a romp but the second half was all FSU who scored at will. Last 30 seconds, I am down 48-44 and I am driving. Sam Shields is making some great plays in the middle of the field and on the sidelines. I am at their 12 yard line with 12 seconds to go. 3 plays later, it is 4th and 15 and I need the score. I throw it up to Shield in the back of the endzone, he jumps, grabs it with 1 hand and I am screaming. Then before he hits the ground, the FS comes and drills my legs flipping Shields and the ball comes out. They ruled it incomplete and I lose. Damn I hate FSU!
Old 07-28-2007, 11:45 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

I had a 2OT Thriller in the first year of my Southern Miss Dynasty. I pulled the upset at Neyland against Tennesse in the 2nd game of the season. I trailed 31-14 going into the 4th and managed to score 17 pts in the 4th. I scored the game tieing TD on a 4th and goal from the 18 with a TD pass. It was so awesome. I had by X running a deep cross that would take him to the front of the endzone and my z running a deep post to the endzone. When I saw the strong safety move over to double the Z, my eyes lit up. I knew what I needed to do was drop to the right a little bit after the playaction and wait for the z to take the DB and safety with him on the post and the X should have a chance to beat his guy on the deep cross. It worked!!! Tied it at 31-31 with under a minute to go. The Tennessee kicker missed the game winner from 50 yards out. We went to OT. I won the toss and went on Defense first and after 2OT, I pulled the upset! #1 greatest game score of 1165. Southern Miss wins 52-45 over the Vols!

Also scheduled #22 TCU in the first game of the year and beat them 24-23.

Currently Listening: The D.O.C.: No One Can Do It Better (evidence that rap music used to be good!)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »