Home

help on the deep ball please!

This is a discussion on help on the deep ball please! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2007, 11:23 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Angry help on the deep ball please!

I'm not one of those guys who play a entire game going deep. I use Florida (i'm not bandwagon, LONG time fan). I have fast WR like Harvin and Caldwell and I feel like I should be able to blow by DB @ Wake Forrest or Troy for that matter. Some how I can't get the WR to create space. Most of the time the QB wont put enought arch on the ball to get it over the DB's head and the defense usually knocks it down. Any slider tips for this? Doesn't really seem like speed rating make a difference.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2007, 11:35 PM   #2
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: help on the deep ball please!

Going Deep!!!!!! Help

Good Info on going deep.
Old 07-28-2007, 12:48 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

I couldn't throw the deep ball for the longest time, but then it just got a lot easier to put the arch on the ball. Let the game set your drop back and then press up on the stick and tap the WR button. I have to barely touch the button or the QB will throw a bullet! Hope that helps.
Old 07-28-2007, 01:27 PM   #4
MVP

dubplate's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattonm25
I'm not one of those guys who play a entire game going deep. I use Florida (i'm not bandwagon, LONG time fan). I have fast WR like Harvin and Caldwell and I feel like I should be able to blow by DB @ Wake Forrest or Troy for that matter. Some how I can't get the WR to create space. Most of the time the QB wont put enought arch on the ball to get it over the DB's head and the defense usually knocks it down. Any slider tips for this? Doesn't really seem like speed rating make a difference.
I'm in the same boat. This is really becoming a game killer for me.
Old 07-28-2007, 06:34 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by obie
I couldn't throw the deep ball for the longest time, but then it just got a lot easier to put the arch on the ball. Let the game set your drop back and then press up on the stick and tap the WR button. I have to barely touch the button or the QB will throw a bullet! Hope that helps.
That is the key. Wait for 1on1 coverage and tap the correct button. The receiver should get loose for a deep completion. Helps if you have a speedy receiver.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2007, 06:41 PM   #6
Rookie

jstevens13's Arena

OVR: 1

I have found that on top of just tapping the reciever's button, you also have to wait until he gets significantly down field. There is no 26 yard fade route into the back corner of the endzone...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »