Home

The Main Problem: QB's Are Inaccurate

This is a discussion on The Main Problem: QB's Are Inaccurate within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2007, 12:56 AM   #25
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: The Main Problem: QB's Are Inaccurate

I dont mind the user ints. These are mainly my fault. It's the cpu ones that make this very unrealistic. The cpu throws way too many. If I cut mine down its just going to make the games lopsided. I tend to get lackadasical myself because if the cpu is throwing them there really is no pressure on me to play really well because i know i can just pick the ball off and get the ball back.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2007, 06:06 AM   #26
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
Does anyone have the slightest clue on how to pick off the CPU less than 3 times a game? This is really killing the game for me. I pretty much enjoy it otherwise. I have logged over 30 games and just can't take the CPU throwing pick after pick after pick. I have tried everything - 0 knockdowns, 100 knockdowns, 0 INTs, 90 WR CPU catching, 80 CPU QB ACC, 10 HUM D AWR. I have exhausted sliders on AA. Is Heisman the way to go?

I really don't have too much of a problem with throwing INTs anymore because I have learned how to make smart decisions, but the CPU QBs are just ruining the fun of this game and I want to play the hell out of this game until after bowl season.

Any advice fellas?
If you have INTs and knockdowns at 0 with human def. awareness at 10 and they still throw a ton of picks on AA? Heisman will probably be the way for you. CPU QB accuracy isn't really the problem and certainly at 80 it shouldn't be. Unless you are really getting after the QB forcing him to throw it early I suspect you will never be able to fix it on AA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
knockdowns 100
int 0
cpu qb accuracy 55
human def awr 40
Sorry ODogg but maxing out knockdowns does not reduce INTs imo. If anything it increases them. It doesn't change a DBs mentality to knocking the ball down. It just increases their ability to make a play on the ball when they are in position. I've got a slider thread just to discuss this if you want to disagree but maxing it out doesn't help at all with INTs. Knockdown Slider
Old 07-30-2007, 01:21 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 2

I keep getting annoyed by the arcadish movements of the defenders, which seems to result in the majority of the INTs I throw.

One time I had crossing routes and my player had his defender beat toward the outside. I throw the ball, and a guy running full speed in the opposite direction just does a 180 in a split second to jet towards where the ball will land, beating me to the target for an INT. This didn't used to be such a problem in NCAA from what I remember of games in the past.
Old 07-30-2007, 03:24 AM   #28
MIB Crew

rspencer86's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
QB's have been too accurate in every football video game that I can remember. Even in the NFL, a good percentage of incompletions are untouched. They fly 5 yards out of bounds, or are way overthrown or even short-hopped on short routes. But in the video game world, rarely does a pass fall harmless to the ground. It is either knocked down by the defense, dropped or caught out of bounds.
Great post Cardot. Next time you guys are watching a game, count how many times an incomplete pass is untouched. In real life, QBs make many overthrows/underthrows/throws too wide in a game. In video games, it seems like every incompletion comes from either a WR drop or a defender swatting the ball.

I think the main problems are 1) QB decision making, 2) defensive awareness (making breaks on the ball when defender's back is turned to the LOS), and 3) The QBs are TOO accurate.

University of Missouri '09
Twitter: @RyanASpencer

Royals / Chiefs / Bulls / Mizzou / Sporting KC

PSN: MizzouTigerrr
Old 07-30-2007, 06:21 AM   #29
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by rspencer86
Great post Cardot. Next time you guys are watching a game, count how many times an incomplete pass is untouched. In real life, QBs make many overthrows/underthrows/throws too wide in a game. In video games, it seems like every incompletion comes from either a WR drop or a defender swatting the ball.

I think the main problems are 1) QB decision making, 2) defensive awareness (making breaks on the ball when defender's back is turned to the LOS), and 3) The QBs are TOO accurate.

Totally agree. I would like to see more balls just hit the ground as well as see QB accuracy broken down into short vs. deep passes.

I also think the game has some randomness DB AI where every once in awhile the DB just locks down a WR (or knows the route) no matter where his head is at. When you or the CPU throw to that DB its big time trouble.
Old 07-30-2007, 10:06 AM   #30
Pro

Chibi's Arena

OVR: 11

I cannot count the number of times I've seen DBs -- both mine and the CPU's -- make absolutely mindblowing, ridiculous plays on the ball when there is no way they should be able to come within 4 feet of it. Even when the QB isn't deciding to throw at the defender for no apparent reason, there's still a 50/50 chance on even the best balls that it's going to get picked off and returned for a touchdown. Awareness, knockdowns, and INTs at 0? Big frickin' deal, this guy's still going to hack the Matrix and zoom in a completely different direction than he was previously moving to get to the ball.

The constant INTs and fumbles have pretty much killed any enthusiasm I once had for this game.
Old 07-30-2007, 11:28 AM   #31
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
knockdowns 100
int 0
cpu qb accuracy 55
human def awr 40
odogg, thats crazy. if you are on a.a. maybe. i don't know anything about that. but on heisman i'would say 40 on cpu def awarness, cpu knockdowns about 5-10 and int. at 0. knockdowns has nothing to do with knocking the ball down. it controls how well they defend the reciever or how close they cover would be a better explanation. ints is the slider that controls what the defenders do when the ball leaves the qb's hand. int controls everything that happens when the ball is in the air. as for the cpu throwing alot of ints i have my defense at 40 for awarness, 25 for knockdowns but you could go anywhere from 10 to 40 and just move it around as you see need. i have two good corners so with 90 overall corners you want it around 20-25. and ints at zero. i only had one game were the cpu has thrown more than two. vandy threw 4 against me and 3 were in the 4th. if your getting alot of pressure it will cause the inaccurate pass from the cpu and you will get picks. so i think cpu pass block and hum break block are the most important sliders for not picking off the cpu alot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2007, 11:51 AM   #32
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelasthurtknee
odogg, thats crazy. if you are on a.a. maybe. i don't know anything about that. but on heisman i'would say 40 on cpu def awarness, cpu knockdowns about 5-10 and int. at 0. knockdowns has nothing to do with knocking the ball down. it controls how well they defend the reciever or how close they cover would be a better explanation. ints is the slider that controls what the defenders do when the ball leaves the qb's hand. int controls everything that happens when the ball is in the air. as for the cpu throwing alot of ints i have my defense at 40 for awarness, 25 for knockdowns but you could go anywhere from 10 to 40 and just move it around as you see need. i have two good corners so with 90 overall corners you want it around 20-25. and ints at zero. i only had one game were the cpu has thrown more than two. vandy threw 4 against me and 3 were in the 4th. if your getting alot of pressure it will cause the inaccurate pass from the cpu and you will get picks. so i think cpu pass block and hum break block are the most important sliders for not picking off the cpu alot.
i'm on AA, and i've since moved down knockdowns to 0. last game the CPU did really well passing and nearly beat me, about 250 yards 1 td and 1 int

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »