Home

I think I figured out the Passing problem.

This is a discussion on I think I figured out the Passing problem. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2007, 03:52 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 7
I think I figured out the Passing problem.

Okay, like many of you, I also had the passing problem in NCAA 08. Some people really believed it was due to the skill of the player. Which I always believed was total bull, I've played football games for years and I know when tap Y button it's supposed to lob the pass, not bullet it to the linebacker under my Tight end.

Well, I think I figured out the problem... It's the QB drop! Every since I fell in love with NFL 2k5, I really realized the importance of the drop. From then on, I would let the CPU handle the drop and then make the throw! All the last-gen football games worked great, even Madden 07 and NCAA 07 had good drop back mechanics.

As some of you might know, I got NCAA 08 about a week early, and to tell the truth the passing game ruined it for me. I got APF on release and haven't put NCAA 08 into my 360 until today.( Sorry for those who PMed who lived in NY, my internet was dead for about a week. ) I was messing around in pratice mode and was getting quite frustrated with the whole passing thing. Then I decided to start doing the drop manually, paused for a bit, then moved the direction stick while pressing the button of the receiver. To my suprise, the throw was very accurate, and played a couple of games and found my passing to improve.

One more thing though, I also dropped back 15-20 and completed alot of passes. I guess EA has kept noob football...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2007, 03:59 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: I think I figured out the Passing problem.

I notcied that some people think the accuracy of the QB is just right, or too accurate, I suspect that these people also manually drop their QB's. Also make sure your feet are set!
Old 07-29-2007, 06:59 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Even though, IMO, the auto-drop is too fast and the errant throws are a result of the qb being on the auto-run I don't think that is/was the problem.

Last edited by NoleFan; 07-29-2007 at 07:31 AM.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:53 AM   #4
W* B*ck!!

Scoop 24's Arena

OVR: 24

its angles.. an take advantage of your passing lanes. i have been able to breakdown double coverage this way.
Old 07-29-2007, 11:33 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

i havent had a problem with passing.

against bad teams, i can air it out, throw for 3-4 touchdowns.

but against good teams, i maybe can throw for 2-3 touchdowns, but its gonna be way harder and i may throw a int if im not careful.

i throw within 5-15 yards 90% of the time.
the other 10% are deep routes.

im getting a hang of the deep routes now.
i let the qb auto drop back, then i take control, and sometimes pump fake,
but i always, I ALWAYS STEP INTO THE THROW, that makes sure i throw a lob instead of a bullet.

even if the pass wasnt completed, it still was a good attempt.

im not sure what the problem other people are having is, once i see one on one coverage deep, i throw the ball, no matter what.

and for all my short throws, knowing if the defense is playing man or zone is crucial. because then u can figure out what zone they are running and where the open spots should be.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »