Home

Ncaa 08 needs something very bad!!!!!!!!

This is a discussion on Ncaa 08 needs something very bad!!!!!!!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2007, 11:20 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Ncaa 08 needs something very bad!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksolo12
Odogg,

I agree with your point on the crowd. I just rented APF and the crowd looks really good and the flash going off ocassionally looks very realistic.

The APF sideline looks great with coaches, cheerleaders, camera men and people hanging around. I even saw a fan on the sideline that was actually moving (pretty cool IMO).

We definitely need refs and the chain gang in College Football next year. They also need to work on the crowd. It seems like the entire stadium is constantly rocking for the whole game.

I wonder why they took did not include refs or field goal nets in next gen?
Yeah APF2K8 has a lot of great presentation things about it, although I think they got a bit overboard a little with the talking between plays (but it can be adjusted). EA needs to steal some of their ideas for sure.

As for the refs, they said the logic for the refs wasn't working, that they wouldn't get out of the way of the players quite right so they had to remove them. I dunno about the nets though.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-31-2007, 03:53 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 3

The the TC is right. I am reading quite a few that rather have a chain gang or better play but how much better does the play need to be before ea quits being lazy and adds a half time show or something to that effect that would be cool? Football has been in the makeing for over 30 years and they still can't get the AI right. The least they can do is start haveing a weekly recape of the teams to give it that extra realisim.
Old 07-31-2007, 05:58 AM   #19
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Great list ODogg. I personally loved the halftime and postgame shows on 2K5 and think they would be great. The only thing I hate hearing is people say I would rather they focus on XXX than presentation. There is no reason they can't do both. EA has more money than any company so if 2K sports can do something, EA should be able to do it and better quite honestly due to their enormous budget.
Old 07-31-2007, 06:43 AM   #20
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyred05
I'd rather have them reowrk the stadium/crowd atmosphere than the presentation. Sure, Lee and Kirk could certainly use a lot more commentary but the heart of the college football experience lies in stadium atmosphere.
QFMFT.

For starters, they need to improve the sound of the bands. Why can't they just record sound from an actual game and import it to the video game? The vast majority of bands sound overtly 'computerized'.

Second, there needs to be significant improvement to the crowd's intelligence. They need to know, for example, that making a tackle inside the 15 on the opening kickoff is just as big of a play as any other; they need to know the difference between a game between two top ten teams and a mismatch; and they need to know which plays are big and which aren't. (And for god's sake, can we lose the 'defense!' and 'block that kick!' chants already? If you can program those to fire on que, you should be able to program proper pre-snap crowd logic more generally.) Finally, is it really asking too much for the crowd to get louder when a the defense makes a stop? Half the time they're louder before the snap on a 3rd and long than they are after you force a 4th down.
Old 07-31-2007, 08:19 AM   #21

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Something I always thought would add a TON to the game would be an "ESPN Bottom Line" at the bottom of the screen that constantly updated games from around the nation. Also a "Priority Score Alert" everytime someone scores in a big game.

Come on EA, take advantage of that ESPN liscense!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2007, 12:56 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 1

I dont know if anybody remembers this but back on some of the first Madden games for Sega Genesis, they would show highlights of other games during the post game show (and maybe even at halftime). I always thought that was a cool feature.
Old 07-31-2007, 01:22 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 15

Well I was thinking it needed either more exclamation points or more cow bell. It's really very hard to decide!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!
Old 07-31-2007, 01:29 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alliball
Well I was thinking it needed either more exclamation points or more cow bell. It's really very hard to decide!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!
it does need more cow bell!!

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »