Home

Help with pass rush

This is a discussion on Help with pass rush within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2007, 09:55 PM   #1
Pro

Scrapps's Arena

OVR: 14
Help with pass rush

I have been playing the game since the date of release. With the exception of blitzing everyone, I am unable to get any sort of pass rush. I am not looking for 5 or more sacks a game. However, it is not uncommon for the opposing qb to sit like a statue in the pocket for 6 or 7 seconds with no one even approaching him. What I would like, is for him to have to get rid of the ball in a reasonable amount of time. Last night I (UNC) played at East Carolina. Yes, I realize UNC is not very good. However, it was frustrating as hell to watch the ECU qb just stand there forever with no pressure at all. Its gotten to the point, where this is irritating the #&%^$ out of me every time I play. Any insight or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2007, 11:29 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Help with pass rush

Here's my advise.

1. Know the strenghs of your defense and the current down/field position/and tendency of your opponent in that given situation

2. Stunt your line right or left; seems to create more pressure

3. Blitz someone on every play (atleast a 5 man rush), but know where you you could be exposed.

Note: IMO; there is barely any middle ground on defense. If you don't blitz, you'll probably get burned 75% of the time. If the QB escapses the blitz, you'll get burned 90% of the time. The only way to recover is if your opponent makes a bad throw/decision or you have good stick skills controlling the secondary.
Old 07-30-2007, 03:57 AM   #3
Pro

kapo's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Help with pass rush

I used unc for 4 seasons so I know how you feel. You would think it'd be easier to get to the qb with what seems to be their only strength on defense, the d line (at least in the first year). You need to send at least 1 linebacker to help the d line most of the time and you need to make good use of Hilee Taylor. He's got good speed for a end and an excellent finesse move. Hold that button down just before you contact an offensive lineman and you'll have a good shot at getting by him. When he's gone it becomes more difficult, but you get to use Marvin Austin who becomes a flat out beast.

Stick with them and by year 3 you will have at least got that B- defense up to B+ and it will be easier to find your way to the qb and stop their ridiculous passing attack.

North Carolina TarheelsCarolina PanthersCarolina Hurricanes Charlotte Hornets

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »