Home

Should there be a stiffer Mobile QB penatly?

This is a discussion on Should there be a stiffer Mobile QB penatly? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2007, 01:22 PM   #17
It is now the SW Era

muggins's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: Should there be a stiffer Mobile QB penatly?

I have to agree with the few above me about fumbles. Please God, no more fumbles.

BAD BOYS BAD BOYS
Old 07-30-2007, 01:33 PM   #18
MVP

capp34's Arena

OVR: 16

I feel everything you guys are saying but I do have players doing those things against me and I have no problem beating them easily. Last night I played the #5 ranked guy XxJDavis23xX.He ran the same exact option play the whole first half then on D he would put 6 players on top on my center. His whole game was a gimmick and I slaughter him. It was 28-14 when I made him fumble for the third time and he quit. I was like WTF you number 5 and you quitting. I was mad cuz he quit but it was one of the most satisfying victories i have had online. Another thing he played with west virginia like everybody seems to do.

Kings of the Kourt Commissioner

KOTK Discord - https://discord.gg/Swj5cJe
Old 07-30-2007, 01:36 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by capp34
I feel everything you guys are saying but I do have players doing those things against me and I have no problem beating them easily.
For me it's not about beating them, I don't enjoy the game when I play people like that win or lose.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-30-2007, 02:08 PM   #20
MVP

capp34's Arena

OVR: 16

I know there are cheesers everywhere I expect that when I play online. Because I know I can get in a good sim game from the cpu. I just play online to change it up sometimes. But I feel you guys you should not have to stop a cheeser every online game. I cant lie though i love beating a cheeser playing real football. A realistic play syle will beat out a cheeser 9 out 10 times.

Kings of the Kourt Commissioner

KOTK Discord - https://discord.gg/Swj5cJe
Old 07-30-2007, 02:40 PM   #21
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

I don't think you can just penalize running QBs. There are a lot of athletes at QB that don't fumble(when running) any more than RBs. What EA needs to do is have pockets form, have DEs able to get depth to contain, and remove some of the stickiness from engaged blocks so DL can disengaged and chase a QB as/when he's breaking the pocket. Some mobility in engaged blocks, so DL can still move while being blocked, would help as well.

As much as I hate gamers that scramble every pass play, I hate feeling guilty when I scramble. It's a part of the game. But I want to be challenged when I scramble. I want to have to step up and find a seem, give ground to get around a containing DE, ect. What I don't want to do is not scamble because it's too easy and considered cheese. Nor do I want my QB fumbling or getting hurt everytime I scramble.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2007, 03:15 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 3

Add me; I play legit: sec2none06
Old 07-30-2007, 03:17 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 3

honestly, it can be ridiculous, but thats how some people run their offense with a scrambling QB, i play an option offense and i run with my QB alot, and i dont consider that cheesing, i just run it becuase no one can stop it. theres a difference though, theres the people who just drop straight back and run no huiddles the whole game, thats cheese, but people who do what i do, theres nothing wrong with it, people need to stop bitching about that, and maybe learn how to play defense, and learn the coverages and each players responsibilities, because i honestly havent had any trouble stopping people that so called "cheese"
Old 07-30-2007, 03:44 PM   #24
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgreen06
Ok, I just finished playing another QB cheeser who had Okla St. I thought that EA implemented a dynamic fatigue penatly to stop people from running with the QB 30 times. I can't tell. These cheesers take all the fun out of the game. I usually just quit of them.

IMO, EA really needs to increase the chance for a fumble for people that run with the QB, and increase the chance of injury to the QB while running.
Do you stack your line and blitz all day? if so then yeah I'd run 30 times a game too. If your D line is stocked I'm getting out of the pocket. PERIOD thats not cheesing. But if your line isn't getting pressure and he's just running then thats different.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »