Home

How many recruits a year should I be taking in?

This is a discussion on How many recruits a year should I be taking in? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2007, 01:58 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: How many recruits a year should I be taking in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rspencer86
Is this an in-game tutorial, or something on the web?
It's in game. Go to where the game starts and then go to EA Sports Extras or whatever it is and then go to tutorials. You should see recruiting as an option.
Old 07-30-2007, 02:08 PM   #10
MIB Crew

rspencer86's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowlerguy92
It's in game. Go to where the game starts and then go to EA Sports Extras or whatever it is and then go to tutorials. You should see recruiting as an option.
Thanks. After I saw the miniscule size of EA's paper manual, I figured I was on my own when it came to learning anything beyond the controls. Guess I'll have to take a look at that tutorial.

University of Missouri '09
Twitter: @RyanASpencer

Royals / Chiefs / Bulls / Mizzou / Sporting KC

PSN: MizzouTigerrr
Old 07-30-2007, 02:24 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 30

Offer all 25.

I don't cut anyone but walk ons, so I take in about 15-18 a year. I usually have between 12-15 players graduate, 2-3 trasfer, and 2-3 go pro.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2007, 02:27 PM   #12
Banned

arichzona's Arena

OVR: 12

I am one of those guys who likes to go thru and get an entire team of my own guys before playing but I did notice something.....I am not sure if this is simply pure coincidence or not but.........

We all have heard Penn St referred to as "Lindbacker U" because of the pros that are born from the program in the past. Well.......I had two All-American DE's @ Southern Miss and now all of a sudden, instead of DE's in the 1100-1400 ranking being interested in my school, I am now having guys (DE's) from 40-200 interested in my schhool at the very beginning of the season. Again, this may be pure coincidence but every other position @ the school is attracting no players rated higher than 800......

Now, should you fill up your board to 35? I wouldn't unless you have a LOT of free time. You have to - HAVE to cut back to 70 before the season begins so you may end up cutting some of these guys that you spent time recruiting before you even suit them up and get them a jersey #. I simply look @ what I will need (it tells you what you will need) and go after only those spots unless there is some top ranked guy who just wants to come ot play for you that is.
Old 07-30-2007, 02:33 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

I shouldn't offer, schedule a visit and try to unlock stuff until they narrow their list?

I offered a lot of guys and schedule a visit as soon as I can. I'm heading into week 4 right now with Baylor.
Old 07-30-2007, 03:03 PM   #14
Banned

arichzona's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf
I shouldn't offer, schedule a visit and try to unlock stuff until they narrow their list?

I offered a lot of guys and schedule a visit as soon as I can. I'm heading into week 4 right now with Baylor.
Hard to say......

Guys (lesser guys) will sign with you throughout the season even if you do NOTHING - even if you do not touch recruiting at all.

I went into post season, week 5 and offered a scholarship to a 4* FS who I never talked to - his top 3 were Texas, Oklahoma, and Tex A&M.....I was not even in his top 8. The week ended and I got him.

You just do not need to talk to 35 guys every single week.....I focus on 8-10 that I really want and call it good.
Old 07-30-2007, 04:28 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by arichzona
Hard to say......

Guys (lesser guys) will sign with you throughout the season even if you do NOTHING - even if you do not touch recruiting at all.

I went into post season, week 5 and offered a scholarship to a 4* FS who I never talked to - his top 3 were Texas, Oklahoma, and Tex A&M.....I was not even in his top 8. The week ended and I got him.

You just do not need to talk to 35 guys every single week.....I focus on 8-10 that I really want and call it good.
definitely don't talk to everyone every week, but i have noticed that i can offer more schollies than i have ?!? anyone else? i think at that point maybe your ranking decides which ones go out... for example i had 22 recruits by the final week, and i had a 3-star TE ranked 1st followed by four DEs that were 2- to 4- stars, hoping that i would get the TE and two of those four DEs... i only got the TE, but was able to offer schollies as far down on my list as the safeties at 7 or 8 or something...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2007, 04:42 PM   #16
Rookie

frago's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf

Pretty sure the gist of it is dont offer or visit until you are in their top three. I am not sure about this but thats what it says.

Like they can still have ten schools but you can be in the top three, so not necessarily they have to trim first, just do it whenever you are in their top three.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »