Home

Dynasty Recruiting Questions

This is a discussion on Dynasty Recruiting Questions within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2007, 08:47 PM   #1
Rookie

virgil's Arena

OVR: 4
Dynasty Recruiting Questions

Hey guys, I know a lot of you out there have already been through multiple seasons via sim or just constant playing, and I was looking for some answers to some questions about effective recruiting techniques. Usually, I just redo my season over and over again until I figure it out, but I just don't have the time this year. Any answers, or tips in reference to the questions, is most appreciated.

1. How much does a player's interest in your school really matter before the recruiting process actually starts? By this, I mean, can you throw all your attention at a guy and make all the right pitches and actually sway him? I know that in last years game, it was all pre-determined to a point and there was only so much you could do. If it does make a difference, at what point should you just stop going after someone?

2. At what point should you offer a scholarship. I see that some guys sign as early as week 1 and didn't know if that should be an expectation. Last year, people didn't sign for me until atleast midway through the season so this is just new to me.

3. How many "pitches" should you get good responses to before letting up on the person. Also, once you find a good response, do you call the person each week to keep talking about it, or is it that once you find it, you assume it to be established.

4. How important is it to rank prospects you are watching and, if important, where should you rank them? Should the people who have the least interest in you or have the highest star rating be at the top so that you can sway them, or should you just put them at the bottom just in case they change their minds?

5. What is the most amount of prospects any of you have signed in a season? Last year, I think I signed 8 once and that was the most. This year, the game recommends that you keep your prospect list full at 35. Does that mean that I should expect to sign a lot more players through the season?

6. I am playing as Syracuse which is a 3 star program. What is the realistic nature of me getting some 5 star recruits to my school throughout the season if I am not in their original top 8?

7. When making pitches, once the football face at the top of the screen is smiling with teeth, should I just leave it at that and hang up, or find more pitches, or offer a scholarship? I hear that there is a limit for too much talking and that you can quickly piss these guys off.

I know that this is a lot of questions and normally I would just do some trial and error for a while, but I just don't have the time this year. I'm sure that other people are looking for the same types of answers and any help is awesome.

If anyone has any overall suggestions, please feel free to share.

thank you again in advance

Last edited by virgil; 07-30-2007 at 09:18 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2007, 10:00 PM   #2
Rookie

Yeah For Running's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Dynasty Recruiting Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgil
Hey guys, I know a lot of you out there have already been through multiple seasons via sim or just constant playing, and I was looking for some answers to some questions about effective recruiting techniques. Usually, I just redo my season over and over again until I figure it out, but I just don't have the time this year. Any answers, or tips in reference to the questions, is most appreciated.

1. How much does a player's interest in your school really matter before the recruiting process actually starts? By this, I mean, can you throw all your attention at a guy and make all the right pitches and actually sway him? I know that in last years game, it was all pre-determined to a point and there was only so much you could do. If it does make a difference, at what point should you just stop going after someone?

I haven't tried going after a guy with no initial interest very often, but when I have I've had nearly no luck.

2. At what point should you offer a scholarship. I see that some guys sign as early as week 1 and didn't know if that should be an expectation. Last year, people didn't sign for me until atleast midway through the season so this is just new to me.

I offer mine right away. I don't know if this is what others do, but I haven't had any problems.

3. How many "pitches" should you get good responses to before letting up on the person. Also, once you find a good response, do you call the person each week to keep talking about it, or is it that once you find it, you assume it to be established.

I don't really understand the first part, but what I do is continue to "Find Pitch" until I get 3-4 high, very high, or most types on Very Good, Excellent, Elite (or good if your a lower school). After that I just hard sell a pitch he's interested in until the smiling football comes up, then I stop for the week.

4. How important is it to rank prospects you are watching and, if important, where should you rank them? Should the people who have the least interest in you or have the highest star rating be at the top so that you can sway them, or should you just put them at the bottom just in case they change their minds?

Rank them based on need and how badly you want them. I would also factor interest in slightly. I wouldn't bother putting a guy who has no interest in you at #1 because you could be pissing guys below him off, even though you have little chance at signing him. The ranking does have an affect, though I don't know how big. But say you have a 5* QB as #7 on your list but you offer a 4* QB ranked #3, the 5* QB won't be too happy.

5. What is the most amount of prospects any of you have signed in a season? Last year, I think I signed 8 once and that was the most. This year, the game recommends that you keep your prospect list full at 35. Does that mean that I should expect to sign a lot more players through the season?

I keep my list at 35 all of the time. I get 15-25 commits every year. The key is to target guys on your school's level. If you're Temple and target mostly 4-5* guys, you'll end up with a low amount of signings. You have to go after 2* and gradually build up your team's prestige.

For me I do it like this...

Team Prestige
1-2*: Go after 2* mainly, 3* if interested. Throw in some 1*s. They aren't very good, but they're easy signings. To be honest, I think my first year at Temple I signed about an even mix of 1 and 2. It doesn't take much to compete in the MAC, Sun Belt, etc. Doing this at Temple I had raised my prestige to 3* quickly, making it easier to recuit.

3-4*: By now 3* team prestige, I really focus on just 3* or better recruits.

Once you get to 5* and 6*, you can get anyone.

6. I am playing as Syracuse which is a 3 star program. What is the realistic nature of me getting some 5 star recruits to my school throughout the season if I am not in their original top 8?

Eh, as a 3* probably none if your not in their top 8 unless you get lucky with someone who wants to stay near home.

7. When making pitches, once the football face at the top of the screen is smiling with teeth, should I just leave it at that and hang up, or find more pitches, or offer a scholarship? I hear that there is a limit for too much talking and that you can quickly piss these guys off.

Find more pitches until you find 3 they like (like I said above). If when you're "finding pitch" the smiley face leaves, just hard sell one they really like.

Once you get a smiley face you're free to hang up. I don't think you can get any higher. So you won't benefit from repeatedly selling a guy if he already is smiling.

I know that this is a lot of questions and normally I would just do some trial and error for a while, but I just don't have the time this year. I'm sure that other people are looking for the same types of answers and any help is awesome.

If anyone has any overall suggestions, please feel free to share.

thank you again in advance
I tried to answer your questions the best I could. this is from personal experience and some may disagree. I usually have a Top 5 class with a big time school or a top 50 with a 2-3* team. Honestly though, recruiting takes forever if you individually recruit every guy every week. So I usually just recruit the top 5 guys myself then let the computer do the rest.
Old 07-30-2007, 10:10 PM   #3
Rookie

virgil's Arena

thanx a lot man, that really helps. I know that there isn't any real science to this, just a matter of best practices.

btw, when you say "let the computer do the rest for me", what do you mean by that? does the computer automatically talk to guys for you on a basic level even if you don't initiate phone calls?
Old 07-30-2007, 10:12 PM   #4
Get Ducked Up!

oakfan162's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
thanx a lot man, that really helps. I know that there isn't any real science to this, just a matter of best practices.

btw, when you say "let the computer do the rest for me", what do you mean by that? does the computer automatically talk to guys for you on a basic level even if you don't initiate phone calls?
You can go into your season settings and turn on computer recruiting. I haven't done it, so I'm not sure how it works or where it is. I just know from reading other threads on recruiting.
Warriors
49ers
Old 07-30-2007, 10:15 PM   #5
Rookie

Yeah For Running's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:

Its in your strategy menu, the same place you find your Offense and Defense tendencies. The computer isn't as good of a recruiter, and if you have the time and patience, do it yourself. I just hated spending half an hour every week doing the same tedious recruiting. There are different levels of involvement the computer will have. #1 is manage recruiting board. I do that myself, if you turn it on though, they'll add players to the RB when there aren't 35 on it. I can't really remeber 2 and 3, but I have them on. I think 3 is "phone communications w/ recruits", meaning they call the recruit and talk. Like I said, probably not as effective as you doing it yourself, but it saves time. And I think 2 is offer scholarships. Self explanitory, if on, the CPU offers 'ships.

Last edited by Yeah For Running; 07-30-2007 at 10:18 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2007, 06:35 AM   #6
Rookie

virgil's Arena

thanx, i think i'll sim a season with the assisted recruiting on and watch that tutorial...see what happens

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »