Home

Is there a patch coming?

This is a discussion on Is there a patch coming? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2007, 11:13 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Is there a patch coming?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudtiger
Yeah I've had many games with good stat lines, but the majority of games I've seen 3+ ints from the cpu qb. I play with AF, I shouldn't be seeing that against the better teams.

I would have to guess the dbs got a boost in their logic, but the qbs did not get any update to cope with the smarter dbs. Cpu doesn't understand timing routes and usually doesn't get when to lob a pass to throw it over a beaten db. I hate that one more than anything. Seeing a beaten db do the 180 jump for a pick on a bullet pass that should have been a lob.
I don't think for INT's its the QB's to blame, as others have said, the WR's need to fight more for the ball and be more aware. Also note, i've turned INT's and Knockdowns to 0 with human AWR at 35.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-31-2007, 11:28 AM   #10
MVP

mudtiger's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I don't think for INT's its the QB's to blame, as others have said, the WR's need to fight more for the ball and be more aware. Also note, i've turned INT's and Knockdowns to 0 with human AWR at 35.
On comeback routes, yes I agree the receivers don't come back to the ball enough and they let the dbs step in front, but watch the qbs throws on other picks. It makes very stupid throws.

I spent about 30 minutes just watching the cpu make throws in practice mode with various slider settings. If the cpu qb would throw to curl/stop/comeback route on time - right as the receiver stops or even right before he stops - the receiver not fighting for the ball would not be as big an issue. Instead the cpu throws to these routes long after the route is over and the two guys are just standing there right next to each other.

The cpu does not make enough use of the lob pass when it has a wr beating a db. It often times throws a bullet allowing the beaten db to jump to swat or make the pick. If it would just put some touch on the ball to get it over the db these would be avoided.

The cpu also just throws to guys that are covered too well too often. Double coverage, triple coverage, whatever.

Only on the comeback route picks do I ever really see a pick where I think that a wr should have fought for the ball more. Most picks are of the variety where I review the play and just think why in the world did the cpu throw to that guy? Or why did he throw a bullet pass?

I have human d awr at 5, int at 0, and knd at 75. I've watched the cpu in practice mode and I've come to believe the knockdown and int slider don't really do a thing, or their effect is so small it makes the slider useless. I've set interceptions to 100 and I see the same amount as I do at 0. In practice mode, I actually see less ints at 100 actually. That doesn't seem to translate out of practice mode into games though. If the int slider would just work where when I set it to 0, dbs drop nearly 100% of all ints, I'd love this game.
Old 07-31-2007, 11:46 AM   #11
It is now the SW Era

muggins's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I played Michigan last night and Henne didn't throw any at all, he was 15 of 21 for 218 yards, 2 TDs. I don't have the huge problem a lot of people are saying they have with the CPU throwing int's but they usually throw at least 1. I was surprised Henne was able to avoid any picks with my secondary.
I was playing Western as CMU last night in my dynasty, using Jistic's sliders. It was 21 all and there was 3:44 left in the game. They were at my 40. Instead of running the ball, on 2nd and 9 they threw a pass. My CB picks it off and runs it down to about their 45. Game over.

I think there were 6 picks total, 7 minute quarters. I threw 2 of them.

I would enjoy a patch for this issue, yeah. I'm gonna try knockdowns to 0, if this will fix it.

BAD BOYS BAD BOYS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2007, 01:08 PM   #12
MIB Crew

rspencer86's Arena

OVR: 49

I'm pretty sure I would love this game if EA just fixed the CPU INTs and made the CPU throw the long ball a bit more often. As it is right now, I just can't get into it. I'm quitting in the middle of every game because by halftime I have 3-4 interceptions.

University of Missouri '09
Twitter: @RyanASpencer

Royals / Chiefs / Bulls / Mizzou / Sporting KC

PSN: MizzouTigerrr
Old 07-31-2007, 01:13 PM   #13
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by rspencer86
I'm pretty sure I would love this game if EA just fixed the CPU INTs and made the CPU throw the long ball a bit more often. As it is right now, I just can't get into it. I'm quitting in the middle of every game because by halftime I have 3-4 interceptions.
What level are you playing on and have you tweaked any sliders? Like most have said, dropping the defensive awareness does help a lot along with other adjustments.
Old 07-31-2007, 01:14 PM   #14
#OwnTheFuture

Benz87's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by feeq14
I read in the Game informer preview of Madden that they were already planning a patch to rememdy the turnover issues in Madden (uhhhgg).
So there is going to be the exact same issues in madden as NCAA?
Old 07-31-2007, 01:22 PM   #15
MIB Crew

rspencer86's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
What level are you playing on and have you tweaked any sliders? Like most have said, dropping the defensive awareness does help a lot along with other adjustments.
I've played on Varsity, All-American, and Heisman. I've tried Jistic's, mudtiger's, NCAA's, Playmakers', and AuburnAlumni's sliders. I just played a game with everything zeroed out for both teams on defense and my team picked off the CPU QB 4 times with 6:00 to go in the second quarter. These aren't user picks, either—I control my DT and don't switch players during the play.

Online, the game is still a blast. Against the CPU, I have never been more frustrated. Like I said, I would be more than happy with the game if they just fixed the INT problem.

University of Missouri '09
Twitter: @RyanASpencer

Royals / Chiefs / Bulls / Mizzou / Sporting KC

PSN: MizzouTigerrr
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2007, 01:34 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by rspencer86
I've played on Varsity, All-American, and Heisman. I've tried Jistic's, mudtiger's, NCAA's, Playmakers', and AuburnAlumni's sliders. I just played a game with everything zeroed out for both teams on defense and my team picked off the CPU QB 4 times with 6:00 to go in the second quarter. These aren't user picks, either—I control my DT and don't switch players during the play.

Online, the game is still a blast. Against the CPU, I have never been more frustrated. Like I said, I would be more than happy with the game if they just fixed the INT problem.
on AA, try int and knckdwn at 0 and human AWR at 35, it's what i use and i see from 0 to 3 interceptions a game, usually about 1 though

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »