Home

Running the football (PS3/360)

This is a discussion on Running the football (PS3/360) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: How difficult is running the ball on default AA?
Too Easy 15 13.64%
Perfect or darn close 69 62.73%
Too Hard 26 23.64%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-02-2007, 03:23 PM   #25
MVP

RedmanR's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Running the football (PS3/360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
I am loving the running game still. Sometimes I only get 60-70 yards then some games I feel unstoppable. I like that, every game seems different to me.
Amen brother
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2007, 04:16 PM   #26
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

I think its dead on even though I primarily pass the ball...to me the key is utilizing your RBs strengths and patience

I love hitting the hole and then pressing turbo to boost thru it and try to bounce it outside (smaller back) for a big gain

I also like to see my FB catch it in the open field and try to truck whoever is first.

I also like the inconsistency and not knowing whether or not its gonna be agood day on the ground unlike NCAA's of the past where I could count on my 150+ running HB Directs
Old 08-02-2007, 04:55 PM   #27
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpotatohead5
I voted too easy, Every game whether it be in my Troy or Wisconsin dynasties on AA/Heisman I have had no problem averaging 5.5+ yards per carry. I follow my fullback, don't mash turbo and mix up plays, snap counts, and use motion. I may be in the minority but I have no issues running the ball at all.
Perhaps you're just a better gamer on the stick? I think this is a good example of why EA will never make a game that makes everyone happy, everyone has different talent levels. If they made the game "just right" for someone like you then I'm sure people like myself and others who are more average on the controls would scream that it was way too hard!

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 08-03-2007, 10:44 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 4

damn, everyone loving the running game. I'm like #109 in the nation in running. I'm pretty sucky at offense in general, and i use UCLA. Maybe if Chris Markey wasnt hurt....
Old 08-04-2007, 08:18 AM   #29
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Failure
damn, everyone loving the running game. I'm like #109 in the nation in running. I'm pretty sucky at offense in general, and i use UCLA. Maybe if Chris Markey wasnt hurt....
I was like #119 (last) at one point in rushing. I too suck on offense and I'm just tweaking the sliders in my favour for offense until I improve.
Old 08-04-2007, 08:27 AM   #30
Pro

kapo's Arena

OVR: 6

Really liking the running game myself. I'm playing as Oregon right now and Jonathan Stewart just busted the sickest run I've ever seen in this game. Of course that happened to be the only game I've ever had were I wasn't allowed to save the video..... l;kjfa;lsdjfl;skfdjl;k!!*@&!@#($0asfdjl;safjka#@345wejiofau)*#290

North Carolina TarheelsCarolina PanthersCarolina Hurricanes Charlotte Hornets
Old 08-04-2007, 01:04 PM   #31
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

For years now there has been the debate about whether or not the Center calling out the blocking assignments was just an animation for show, or if it had a real effect.

One person would claim that the developers said that it was just for show, another person would claim just the opposite. I always tended toward drinking the Kool-Aid myself, but wasn't totally convinced.

Well I'm totally convinced now that it does work. I just played a game where I was getting blown up in the backfield time after time, and my guys were missing blocks left and right.

I remembered reading yesterday a reminder about the center point on another board, so I started waiting for the Center to point and it was like night and day, guys weren't whiffing every other play and the fullback was actually getting in the hole and kicking out the backer instead of blocking air.

Someone may come in here and say that its all in my head, but thats O.k. as long as I'm getting 5 yards a pop instead of -1 I don't mind being delusional.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »