Home

Running the football (PS3/360)

This is a discussion on Running the football (PS3/360) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: How difficult is running the ball on default AA?
Too Easy 15 13.64%
Perfect or darn close 69 62.73%
Too Hard 26 23.64%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-31-2007, 10:40 PM   #1
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Running the football (PS3/360)

Is anyone else out there struggling to run the ball on AA? I hear how people are finding it too easy on default but I stink. I actually juice up both myself and the cpu run blocking and running back ability to open up both running games. Anyone else finding the default setting on AA to be tough to run with?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2007, 10:52 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Running the football (PS3/360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Is anyone else out there struggling to run the ball on AA? I hear how people are finding it too easy on default but I stink. I actually juice up both myself and the cpu run blocking and running back ability to open up both running games. Anyone else finding the default setting on AA to be tough to run with?
It's about right IMO, with Ohio State I've had games where I only got 50 yards and others where I've gotten 180. I guess it really might depend on who your team is too though, tOSU isn't any slouch in real life in the rushing department.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-31-2007, 11:00 PM   #3
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

I've been struggling a bit, and by struggling I mean about a 3.7, 3.8 ypc. I don't feel like its unrealistic though, considering my line and backs are both in the low 80's.

I've kept the sliders at default and occasionally will have a breakout game where I have a 5.5-6.0 ypc and break a couple of long ones. Making that first guy miss is big, and having a great blocking fullback also does wonders.

If the DT's and the Mike of the opponent are really good, don't expect to have a big day running the ball.

I think its one of the stronger aspects of the game myself.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 07-31-2007, 11:08 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 30

I'm on Heisman and the running is almost perfect.

The only 4 negatives to running are:

1. Option plays which are some what broken due to perfect pitches

2. Some of the gang tackle animations string together weird. Sometimes a defender will stop the ball carrier a yard or 2 short, but then some idiot comes in from behind and knocks everyone forward for the first down.

3. Not enough double team blocking on Isolations, tosses, and off tackle plays. The double teams on stretch plays are amazing, and the pulling OL are a thing of beauty.

4. Too few off tackle plays.

However, none of those things are remotely major. #2 is the only one that really bothers me on any level. I'd give the running game a 9.5/10
Old 07-31-2007, 11:15 PM   #5
All Star

OVR: 20

I don't know if progressive fatigue is in, but it feels like it is easier to run the ball in the 4th quarter.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2007, 11:25 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 10

Most of the time I get completely stuffed before the line of scrimmage. I think it is to hard.
Old 07-31-2007, 11:28 PM   #7
Bacon

CM1847's Arena

OVR: 19

It was too hard for me initially, much too hard, so I made some small slider adjustments and it has become way too easy, so I'm thinking that default is actually pretty good once I am used to playing the game.
Old 07-31-2007, 11:31 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

I think its near perfect.I read the holes and sometimes the Dts will clog up the middle and i have to bounce it outside.What i did was recruit a 6'1 220lb power back and i truck any Lb and Db that gets in my way if i can read the hole correctly at the snap.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »