Home

How Many Minutes For a Realistic Game?

This is a discussion on How Many Minutes For a Realistic Game? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2007, 12:51 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 7
How Many Minutes For a Realistic Game?

I play my dynasty 6 minute quarters, but I feel that there aren't enough plays in the game. I don't want to play games that last 2 hours, but I'd rather somewhat realistic stats.

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2007, 02:29 AM   #2
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: How Many Minutes For a Realistic Game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nymets3000
I play my dynasty 6 minute quarters, but I feel that there aren't enough plays in the game. I don't want to play games that last 2 hours, but I'd rather somewhat realistic stats.

Thanks
Honestly I would say to check out the sliders forum and they can give you some good sliders with how many minutes your games should be. That should help with realistic stats.
Old 08-01-2007, 05:00 AM   #3
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30

I've been playing 10 minute quarters for a while now, and there are still games where I don't get enough plays. As horrible as it is, 11 minutes is probably what we'd need to get a consistent 130-150 plays.

Thing is, I'm getting pretty worn down just playing 10. Some games run more than an hour and a half, which is fine if you're only playing one game, but if you wanna bash out three or four, it gets pretty tasking.

I'm thinking I just have to forget about getting the correct number of plays. 7, 8 or 9 minutes makes for the best overall experience, imo, even if it means less plays and statistics that are slightly off.
Old 08-01-2007, 05:57 AM   #4
Banned

Geekboy's Arena

OVR: 5

I play 11 minute quarters and to me it's perfect for one game at night.

You're right, if you wanted to play several games it is too long but if you're settling in for a night of a great rivalry game I think 11 minutes is perfect.

If you are up considerably at half and feel the game is in the bag, sim it out and start another game.
Old 08-01-2007, 08:49 AM   #5
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undefeated
I've been playing 10 minute quarters for a while now, and there are still games where I don't get enough plays. As horrible as it is, 11 minutes is probably what we'd need to get a consistent 130-150 plays.

Thing is, I'm getting pretty worn down just playing 10. Some games run more than an hour and a half, which is fine if you're only playing one game, but if you wanna bash out three or four, it gets pretty tasking.

I'm thinking I just have to forget about getting the correct number of plays. 7, 8 or 9 minutes makes for the best overall experience, imo, even if it means less plays and statistics that are slightly off.
Since the dawn of football games (relatively speaking) I have always played w/ 10 min qtrs. It just seems right. I wish EA would do something w/ the CPU/AI playclock mngmt so that they would use more of the playclock and in essence the game clock. For once I would love to see a consistency of delay of game calls on the CPU. It needs to be implemented to give a real-to-life football experience. I mean we are playing a "sim" right?

Anyways...go w/ 10 min qtrs. If you want to speed things up a little bit then use the Super Sim from time to time. I do. When I can't stop anyone super sim seems to be my way to get the ball back, and keep the game close.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2007, 09:03 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

I play w/ 9, but could probably do as much as 10-11.

Old 08-01-2007, 10:33 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 11

i like this year how the computer hikes the ball kinda quick im gettin good games out of 6 minutes. I dont have time to waste an hour and a half playing a video game. I think SPorts games are on their way to speeding things up. Did you see that madden video.lol?
Old 08-01-2007, 10:42 AM   #8
MVP

mdgoalie37's Arena

OVR: 11

I go with 7 - my play count might be a bit low but th estats are pretty good and my scores are everywhere from mid 20's combined up to mid 70's combined, so that works for me. If you did want to use super sim some that would increase the playcount as the clock does not run properly using that feature - I saw some reports of 200+ plays while using super sim for an entire game at 7 minute quarters.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »