Home

Are WE Causing the INTs?

This is a discussion on Are WE Causing the INTs? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2007, 11:43 AM   #17
Banned

arichzona's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Are WE Causing the INTs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxt
My theory is that the INTs are caused by the motivation. When you start seeing your QB throw INTs or errant passes, or RB/WR FUM the ball too much, check their motivation level, and I'll bet you that their motivation is low or grey'd out. This is where as a HUM, you can sit or sub the player that you see is having motivation issues. However, the problem is that the CPU will not sub or sit the player if their player's motivation level is low, thus he continues to make INTs or FUMs. Therefore, we see the snow ball effect of bad throw, after bad throw, or fumble after fumble.
Sadly I am seeing a lot of credibility to the is theory. Sad because THIS cannot be fixed w/sliders.
Old 08-01-2007, 11:43 AM   #18
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

The only reason having no deep help doesn't kill you is because the CPU will not throw the ball deep. Against an intelligent QB, you would get killed as Fly patterns would be run all day long.
Old 08-01-2007, 11:44 AM   #19
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I will say that everyone should check their profile to see exactly how many INTs the cpu is throwing. They have been throwing just under 2 per game while completing about 65% of their passes against me. Both are high but not a gamekiller for me. I like the fact I can check my profile to see exactly how I'm doing as well as the CPU. At least the QB will make good decisions most of the time and sliders can help fix some of this.

I now need to work on the fact I'm throwing almost 3 INTs per game. Forcing passes downfield on third down is not good.
Old 08-01-2007, 11:56 AM   #20
Banned

arichzona's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I will say that everyone should check their profile to see exactly how many INTs the cpu is throwing. They have been throwing just under 2 per game while completing about 65% of their passes against me. Both are high but not a gamekiller for me. I like the fact I can check my profile to see exactly how I'm doing as well as the CPU. At least the QB will make good decisions most of the time and sliders can help fix some of this.

I now need to work on the fact I'm throwing almost 3 INTs per game. Forcing passes downfield on third down is not good.
CPU is still throwing just under 3/game against me. Very goodidea to check this and see exactly what the numbers are, but 2.9/game is still too many.
Old 08-01-2007, 12:01 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

I'm just simply not having this problem. Maybe it's cuz I'm the Illini.

I've had 3 picks in a game as my high. But I do get sacks.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2007, 12:18 PM   #22
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
... it doesn't make sense that you would have more success stopping the pass by using formations designed to stop the run and having LBs cover WRs.
Lots of things about this game don't make sense. And I don't get it - are you suggesting I'm lying?
Old 08-01-2007, 12:23 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
I'm just simply not having this problem. Maybe it's cuz I'm the Illini.

I've had 3 picks in a game as my high. But I do get sacks.
Me and my friend were running a dual dynasty and threw 4 games, he had maybe 4 interceptions. He was using the Illini.

I was running with Northwestern and threw 5 games, my FS is one pick away from tying the school record. I also have three different players on my squad who each have at least 2 picks returned for TD's.

My friend isn't as good as me at the game though.
Old 08-01-2007, 12:24 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undefeated
Lots of things about this game don't make sense. And I don't get it - are you suggesting I'm lying?
You're not lying, it's true. I was sitting back in zone coverage in my Middle Tennessee State Dynasty amd couldn't stop the run or the pass. but then I switched things up and started blitzing. Since then, the computer has had less success passing the ball and the computer's running game is slowed down. I am playing on All-American by the way.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »