Home

Recruiting Coolness

This is a discussion on Recruiting Coolness within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2007, 05:33 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Recruiting Coolness

Does anyone know how much playing time qualifies as "Solid Playing Time"? I made that promise to a couple recruits, then played them regularly during the season, though I did not start them. At the end of the year, the Promise screen revealed that I had broken the promise to the recruits, even though one was my second leading rusher and the other was my third leading receiver.
Old 08-07-2007, 05:45 PM   #74
MVP

davin's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSteph3061
Does anyone know how much playing time qualifies as "Solid Playing Time"? I made that promise to a couple recruits, then played them regularly during the season, though I did not start them. At the end of the year, the Promise screen revealed that I had broken the promise to the recruits, even though one was my second leading rusher and the other was my third leading receiver.
I just had this as well. I offered the "will not redshirt" and "see significant playing time" to my STARTER at punter. He was so fed up at the end of the year he left the team. He started, I don't understand. Does he wish I punted the ball more?
Old 08-07-2007, 05:50 PM   #75
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by davin
I just had this as well. I offered the "will not redshirt" and "see significant playing time" to my STARTER at punter. He was so fed up at the end of the year he left the team. He started, I don't understand. Does he wish I punted the ball more?
damn thats bad news for me i promised the same things to my punter....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2007, 05:55 PM   #76
Rookie

OVR: 7

I told 3 guys that I won't redshirt them and I didn't... But at the end of the year it said that I only completed 1/3 promises. They didn't transfer at least.
Old 08-07-2007, 05:57 PM   #77
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by davin
Ouch, that sounds like a glitch. It makes me nervous about my first 5* wideout. Is 30 catches and a 2-3 touchdowns as a true frosh going to be enough to keep him from bolting.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:31 PM   #78
Bacon

CM1847's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by nymets3000
I told 3 guys that I won't redshirt them and I didn't... But at the end of the year it said that I only completed 1/3 promises. They didn't transfer at least.
I made the "no redshirt" promise as my only promise my first offseason recruiting. I didn't redshirt hte guy and it said "promise broken" at the end of the season. He didn't see a single minute of playing time, but I made no PT promises, just a promise not to redshirt....makes me mad, I"m going to try it once this offseason with someone I know will play and seee if the PT thing was the reason behind it being considered broken.
Old 08-07-2007, 08:59 PM   #79
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Now thats what I'm talking about.

In my Washington Dynasty I just got a 5* MLB, the 16th ranked player in the country, to commit in the very second of in season recruiting. I didn't have to try and unlock any pitches, I just offered him the scholly, and he committed right away.

Its the first guy I ever got in season before week 10. Always offering the early ship finally payed off, and in a big way.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:01 PM   #80
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM1847
I made the "no redshirt" promise as my only promise my first offseason recruiting. I didn't redshirt hte guy and it said "promise broken" at the end of the season. He didn't see a single minute of playing time, but I made no PT promises, just a promise not to redshirt....makes me mad, I"m going to try it once this offseason with someone I know will play and seee if the PT thing was the reason behind it being considered broken.
In the old days on the PS2 I think the AI logic was that if a player never touched the field the cpu considered that a redshirt year (even if you didn't declare it) and the player was redshirted. I think that was because the cpu didn't redshirt players and it was just assumed a player who never played was redshirted. Maybe that's what was happening with you. I'm not sure.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »