Home

Recruiting Coolness

This is a discussion on Recruiting Coolness within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2007, 01:53 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Recruiting Coolness

Yeah, that's one thing I don't like about the NCAA Series. They'll just make up a new gimmick feature each year and get rid of all of the old ones. It would be cool if they still had discipline, momentum(watered down), composure and pumped up fans and stadiums. This year they made up motivation, but next year it will be gone and some new gimmick feature will be made up.
Old 08-01-2007, 04:41 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

I would like to see some of the old recruiting features added back in like response from recruits about how they felt about your games. Saying things like this recruit enjoyed your win over rutgers or despite the loss he was impressed by the play of your o-line.

Another cool addition would be recruits wanting to play with players you recruit and your style of play. For example, if you take in a big time quarter back receivers would want to come and play for you. Or if you play a run first offense certain players being attracted or put off by that.
Old 08-01-2007, 04:49 PM   #11
MVP

Assassin's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayo
I enjoy the recruiting too, but how do you make promises? I've only had one person show up on the "Recruit Promises" list, and it was when he was doing his unofficial visit, but I couldn't promise him anything. How does that work?
I've noticed that you can't act on a promise until you've scheduled an official visit with that recruit. The week that your recruit shows up is the week when you can accept or refuse his promise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2007, 05:19 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 26

question: what happens if i ignore recruiting all together, will my assistants do it for me? will i still sign anyone, or anyone worth signing? does anyone know what happens or is there an option to do this?
Old 08-01-2007, 06:15 PM   #13
Rookie

jayo's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
I've noticed that you can't act on a promise until you've scheduled an official visit with that recruit. The week that your recruit shows up is the week when you can accept or refuse his promise
I had one guy, the guy that showed up on my promises list make a demand, it said across the bottom that he was "going to play his original position or none at all." But I never got an opportunity to accept/deny it. I like the premise of this, just think it needs some fine tuning to make it easier.

Quote:
what happens if i ignore recruiting all together, will my assistants do it for me? will i still sign anyone, or anyone worth signing? does anyone know what happens or is there an option to do this?
The "computer" will recruit some for you, and fill necessary holes, but you wouldn't land (m)any big name recruits (maybe one or two at most.) At least that is how it was in 07, I haven't done that in 08 yet.
Old 08-01-2007, 10:15 PM   #14
MVP

Assassin's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayo
I had one guy, the guy that showed up on my promises list make a demand, it said across the bottom that he was "going to play his original position or none at all." But I never got an opportunity to accept/deny it. I like the premise of this, just think it needs some fine tuning to make it easier.

The "computer" will recruit some for you, and fill necessary holes, but you wouldn't land (m)any big name recruits (maybe one or two at most.) At least that is how it was in 07, I haven't done that in 08 yet.
It is pretty mich that way if let the computer handle it for you. That's why i like to do the off season recruiting myself. It allows me to get hands on with the players. During the preseason I'll select the players but the computer deal out the points for the recruit to start. After that i usually handle it from there.
Old 08-01-2007, 11:42 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by nymets3000
Yeah, that's one thing I don't like about the NCAA Series. They'll just make up a new gimmick feature each year and get rid of all of the old ones. It would be cool if they still had discipline, momentum(watered down), composure and pumped up fans and stadiums. This year they made up motivation, but next year it will be gone and some new gimmick feature will be made up.

yeah I miss the home field advantage with the screen shaking
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2007, 11:45 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 10

Yes, I agree. Recruiting is actually a fun thing to do this year and not a chore.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »