Home

Recruiting Coolness

This is a discussion on Recruiting Coolness within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2007, 10:43 PM   #33
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Recruiting Coolness

The 2nd overall player in the country is a HB with A+ in SPD, AGI and ACC. It looks like I could be getting a commit from him at any time. I don't think I've ever signed a guy with that kind of speed.
Old 08-02-2007, 10:53 PM   #34
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
The 2nd overall player in the country is a HB with A+ in SPD, AGI and ACC. It looks like I could be getting a commit from him at any time. I don't think I've ever signed a guy with that kind of speed.
Yea I had one like that in my Bama dynasty, only to have him taken from me. Miami got him, so I put them in my non-conference schedule, and he tore me up.
Old 08-02-2007, 10:57 PM   #35
MVP

davin's Arena

OVR: 13

I lead for the #1 player in the nation, a HB from Michigan. Doesn't hurt that in 4 games Chris Wells has 11 TDs (thanks to Super Sim). Yet can't seem to make any progress with a punter. Looks like Pettrey will be doing double duty next year, but it is still early.

I really do feel I know my recruits though after all of this. I could name you my top 15 probably from last year easily, even those I didn't get. That is a big step away from last year and the years before that where the recruit was
"guy from Indiana with great speed". I dominated in recruiting last year and am doing real well so far right now but the CPU pulled a couple on me last year where it really hurt, but I was able to get starters back at those positions so that helped. I led for a MLB, Jack Johnson, a 4 * out of New York for 12 weeks, his visit was an A- and things seemed to be going well, Iowa was a distant second and Michigan an extremely distant third. Next week he commits to Iowa leaving me scrambling for MLBs as he was #3 overall on my board and well, I neglected other MLBs because I felt safe with him and another guy who was easy to recruit, but I lost both later on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2007, 09:46 AM   #36
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

In last years game I would get guys(with good ratings) that I never recruited showing up on my team. This would make me over the limit and I ended up having to cut the players. Does that happen agian this year ? I only have 14 seniors so I'm afraid of it happening agian.
Old 08-03-2007, 12:17 PM   #37
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
In last years game I would get guys(with good ratings) that I never recruited showing up on my team. This would make me over the limit and I ended up having to cut the players. Does that happen agian this year ? I only have 14 seniors so I'm afraid of it happening agian.
It will only happen if you have the option for the CPU to offer scholly's turned on, or you're below the mandatory limit at a certain position and you have to take a walk-on.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 08-04-2007, 09:07 AM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 4

There are a ton of things about this new recruiting system that I have questions about.

1. How do I know how long a pitch will take? Sometimes it seems to take forever and the recruit gets mad, even when it's his most important pitch.

2. How do I get a better than B+ visit? I had a guy come and check out two VERY HIGH things and his MOST thing and he still gave me a B+, what's up with that?

3. When should I offer a scholarship? As soon as possible? After the visit?

I really like the new system and think it's cool but I need to know how to get the best players because I like to play with bad teams and build them up. Anyone have any suggestions or answers to my questions?
Old 08-04-2007, 09:10 AM   #39
MVP

Rainey's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
i'm playing with Mid. Tenn. state too. it took me till the end of my 2nd year before i got a 4-start recruit. a FB thats a beast. would be perfect for a triple option team, which im not doing, but is also great at catching. in my third season but the best recruit that is interested in me right now are 3-stars players. my school is currently a 3-star and now in the MAC conference.
I was able to snag a 4* DE from Arkansas after my first season. There was almost no interest in the kid, so I promised him alot of glorious things and he signed with me! I kind of set it in my mind that he must have off the field issues, so alot of the bigger universities were not trying to land him.
Old 08-04-2007, 03:41 PM   #40
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by davin
I really do feel I know my recruits though after all of this. I could name you my top 15 probably from last year easily, even those I didn't get. That is a big step away from last year and the years before that where the recruit was "guy from Indiana with great speed".
Definitely agree with this... it almost blows my mind to think how well EA has captured the art of conversation with this game... I am also starting to convince myself that the order in which you address topics DOES matter, at least for some... e.g., I am recruiting with UCLA, our Academic Prestige is Excellent and Campus Lifestyle is Elite... i opened up by hard selling Campus Lifestyle, then successfully swayed him up on Acad. Pres., THEN went back and successfully swayed him up on Campus Lifestyle... so I move on to the next recruit who has similar importance ratings for those two pitches... same order, same result! Now I know that there are a number of other factors that probably contributed to my success here, but it is a great example of the many awesome "conversations" I have had with recruits while playing this game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »