Home

Making Recruiting More Realistic

This is a discussion on Making Recruiting More Realistic within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2007, 07:44 PM   #1
MVP

jkra0512's Arena

OVR: 31
Making Recruiting More Realistic

Hello,

Does anyone know or is willing to come up with how many recruits of each caliber a team should get to make the recruiting process more realistic?

For example, I'm Notre Dame, how many 5*, 4*, 3*, 2*, 1* recruits should I get a year in order to not be cheap and recruit a powerhouse team year in and year out...

I remember someone made a FAQ about this and if you went over your allotted recruits for, say 5*, you lose scholarships for the next year. Does anyone know what I'm talking about or am I completely off-base here?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2007, 08:10 PM   #2
Pro

nyqua's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Making Recruiting More Realistic

Check Rivals.com and Scout.com to see how well ND does in recruiting.
Old 08-01-2007, 08:13 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkra0512
Hello,

Does anyone know or is willing to come up with how many recruits of each caliber a team should get to make the recruiting process more realistic?

For example, I'm Notre Dame, how many 5*, 4*, 3*, 2*, 1* recruits should I get a year in order to not be cheap and recruit a powerhouse team year in and year out...

I remember someone made a FAQ about this and if you went over your allotted recruits for, say 5*, you lose scholarships for the next year. Does anyone know what I'm talking about or am I completely off-base here?
Its hard to say what calibur, but A team like Notre Dame should have a top 10 or close class year in and year out. So assuming that you take in 25 recruits which seems like the average. you should have say 3-8 five stars, 8-15 four stars, and the rest three stars with maybe a two star thrown in.

Unless you cheat, even at your best, its hard to constantly get the #1 recruiting class year in year out. I average in the top 10 and have only gotten #1 when i cheated (i controlled other teams ahead of me and withdrew scholarships from players i really wanted... )

But if your recruit to the best of your ability it would be hard to cheese up the game. It actually seems like this is a new feature that EA didnt overdo
Old 08-01-2007, 08:23 PM   #4
MVP

jkra0512's Arena

OVR: 31

Awesome, thanks guys
Old 08-01-2007, 09:18 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 5

I know what your asking about the caliber of recruits.
I always look at it in terms of how my team compares to the other schools. Ohio St, Texas, etc... should have top ranked classes. I play with Maryland so I am happy about top 25 classes. I haven't gone that far into this years game, but in the past as my program improves I look to move up into the top classes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2007, 10:39 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 30

Just recruit locally and it shouldn't be too much of a problem. Just stick to 5 national recruits and the rest from your state or the bordering states.

Obviously, if you're playing as a team in the midwest or northwest, you can't do this, but it's working well for me.

Obviously, you'll occasionally have to go outside of the parameters for K/P, and a QB if you're changing a system, but it's alright.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »