Home

Shall we start a "patch movement" here at OS?

This is a discussion on Shall we start a "patch movement" here at OS? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2007, 03:19 PM   #49
Gimme the Oscar, Friendo.

Chief Illinimac's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Shall we start a "patch movement" here at OS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingFan4Ever
EA only wants your money. They don't care.
What else are they supposed to want?

Currently:
Asilos Magdalena by The Mars Volta
LOST Theme
The Rain Song by Led Zeppelin
Rage Against the Machine Acoustic Medley

Old 08-05-2007, 02:10 AM   #50
MVP

RedmanR's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfeye
It's not too crazy that they would be patching madden. The game probably had its last gameplay tweak a long time ago and it's already gold. Dropping a patch to fix the int issue in madden(they use the same engine now i believe) before anyone actually knows its there isn't a bad idea. If EA was working on a madden patch they would probably be doing one for ncaa too..i hope.

I really doubt they are working on any patches right now though..
Madden probably had it's last tweaks Wow!!! I think I'm blown away... If for any reason anyone believes that then who are these guys that are testing these games and giving them the glory before they make it to the store shelf, I mean I'm no programmer or designer, neither are 3/4 of the gamers here at OS da' Spot. Bottomline is... If I can open it and notice a few things wrong then what does that say about the programmers and testers hired by EA
Screw it... they'll buy it anyway... or better yet let's wait and find out how big of a problem the consumer thinks it is before we give them a patch... I just wish whom ever is testing these games not get too rapped up in the "Oh boy a new EA game and I'm the first or whatever else they do that totally lets these buggy issues escape time and time again. And on a side note... why in the hell are we having to buy alternet jerseys and such... I thought EA's moto has always been..."It's in the game"... yeah... right
Old 08-05-2007, 02:37 AM   #51
Banned

OVR: 4

INT's are getting lower....had 2 my last game. But the last one was stupid...it was like 3rd & 20, Arizona is trying to make a final try at winning the game (I was winning 13-9)...the WR does like a 8 yard comeback, and the QB actually throws to that man when he was 3 other recievers doing deep routes. The comeback wasnt open either, at my Cb went back to the ball when the WR didnt and I got the pick to end the game.

Stuff like that is so stupid.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2007, 06:31 AM   #52
MVP

OVR: 12

Interceptions by the computer are a huge problem, I can't fathom anyone saying otherwise. The problem isn't just the games where you pick up 5-10 interceptions, the problem is that you never play games where they don't throw any (or just 1). I'm guaranteed 2-3 picks a game at least and usually a pick 6. It doesn't matter if it's against a good QB or not. It's unfortunate too because I really like almost all the other aspects of the game.

As for a patch, don't cross your fingers. EA has a monopoly on the game and will fix it along with your $60 next July.
Old 08-05-2007, 08:20 AM   #53
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I lost to Iowa in triple OT, 36-33. It was my #1 greatest game score and their QB was 17 of 24 with 2 TDs and 0 INTs (on modified AA). It was nice to see a no int game for them. Can't say the same for me though.

As for the patch, don't discount EA doing a patch but the real question for me is how easy a fix is this? I don't think it would be an easy fix otherwise they would have solved this before release. EA HAS released patches for their NHL game which affected gameplay last year according to my brother who plays the game a lot (I don't have it). Based on past history I think a patch is entirely possible if the fix is an easier one.
Old 08-05-2007, 08:25 AM   #54
Roll Tide!

Coach Bryant's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
Even with the rash of turnovers in many games, this is by far the best NCAA version ever IMO.

However....if we can get one more patch to help lessen the sporadic moments of "Turnover mania" this game could be a true classic.

So....considering that OS has some of the most rabid NCAAers out there..as well as a LAAAAARRRRRGGGEEEE membership base, I suggest a strategy....

If someone can find out WHO is the best person to contact to get Tiburon to release an online patch for NCAA, we could have EVERYONE flood that person with RESPECTFUL MATURE requests to address the turnover issue, depth chart bug, etc.

It seems to me if say 2000 people in unison attempt to be heard, we may very well catch their attention.

Thoughts? Agree? Disagree?
I'd suggest maybe using another team besides Aubarn.
Old 08-05-2007, 08:34 AM   #55
Banned

OVR: 1

Man I laugh at you guys... If something is not right then is patch time...

You cant patch the game for cpu turnovers... LMAOOOOOOOOOO

The patch should be there to fix the depth chart....thats all it will fix if they even release one

If you want to cut down on cpu turnovers then raise their qb accuracy and raise their pass blocking and lower your knockdowns to 0

but I am sure by then you guys will ask for a patch to stop the pass...LMAOOOO
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2007, 08:41 AM   #56
Banned

OVR: 9

Fix picks, mass amounts of injuries, and fumbles.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »