Home

NCAA/Madden Question

This is a discussion on NCAA/Madden Question within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2007, 10:48 AM   #1
Banned

Geekboy's Arena

OVR: 5
NCAA/Madden Question

I've played NCAA since 2003. I've never owned or played Madden. I do own 2k5.

I'm thinking about buying Madden this year. I'm asking gameplay only....not features....are Madden and NCAA the same game with just different uniforms, meaning NFL as opposed to college? Same game engine, etc.?

Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2007, 11:21 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: NCAA/Madden Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekboy
I've played NCAA since 2003. I've never owned or played Madden. I do own 2k5.

I'm thinking about buying Madden this year. I'm asking gameplay only....not features....are Madden and NCAA the same game with just different uniforms, meaning NFL as opposed to college? Same game engine, etc.?

Thanks.

In the pass they were pretty different as far as the game engine goes. But I believe this year, on 360, they are using the same engine. So you should see/feel similarities this year. Although, i'd expect there to be some difference though. I say pick it up, if you enjoy the NFL, then might as well grab the game and give it a try. I buy NCAA and Madden every year, since like 93, and NCAA ususally takes up more of my playing time. HAHAH, I remember how good Barry Foster of the Steelers used to be!!! Oh the memeories
Old 08-03-2007, 11:27 AM   #3
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30

Even when they weren't using the same engine they were pretty similar. Button configurations, responsiveness, AI, etc. But I wouldn't say they were the same game with different uniforms, not at all. Generally speaking the games are fine-tuned to reflect the techincal differences between college and pro.
Old 08-03-2007, 12:08 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 7

Yeah, the pro game is faster and so is Madden. Also, the receivers are a little better, qb have better arms etc.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »