Home

Recruiting Question - PS2

This is a discussion on Recruiting Question - PS2 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2007, 01:02 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Recruiting Question - PS2

Is there a way to know if a player is interested before you target them. I try to recruit realistically, hit my home state hard and then the pipelines, but alot of times when I start to allocate the points, I notice that there are alot of players that have me at the bottom of their list.

I would like to offer the interested players first for teams like Central Michigan that need all the help they can get.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2007, 01:04 PM   #2

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Recruiting Question - PS2

Nope...All you know is that you are somewhere in each person's top 8. Where you are at in the top 8 is totally random. In the end, I find that it really does not matter where you start as in-season recruiting is a marathon, not a sprint.
Old 08-03-2007, 01:13 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
Nope...All you know is that you are somewhere in each person's top 8. Where you are at in the top 8 is totally random. In the end, I find that it really does not matter where you start as in-season recruiting is a marathon, not a sprint.
Thats what i figured because I couldn't find it anywhere. I know I could pull in a couple 4* recruits if I put a ton of points there way, but I don't play that way. That's why for the smaller programs, I target alot of 3* player. I swear I targeted a 3* once, and he was listed as a 2* when I distributed points.
Old 08-03-2007, 01:33 PM   #4

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Yeah its too easy to get top guys so in my Northwestern dynasty I only allow myself to go after 3-star guys in-season.
Old 08-03-2007, 01:50 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

If you scout him in the first week and he doesnt pick a school by week 5 he will probably be interested in you. You need a nice sized recruiting bar meter to start though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2007, 03:11 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 5

on pre season/ in season recruiting (PS2) I usually pick 1 player at each position (15) since no K or P. Then if they do not have me in the to 5 after week 1, I cut ties and focus my points on the interested players. I usually get 3 or 4 commits.

I started a practice dynasty (sort of) with FAU until I get my sliders and rosters right for my Maryland dynasty. but I am going to keep it going.

The first year (7-5) I lost 11 players so with the roster starting at 69 I had 12 open spots for recruits. UF Tackle Simon Coddrington transfered to FAU, but I could not use him. That left 11, and I had an OK class, mostly 3* with some 2* and a 4*. the 2nd season team with so many returning players, but after that year I lost 31 players. I could only give out 25 spots, and my class was only 19 players. Still mostly 3* . I went 3-8 . I am going to start recruiting this weekend when I play, and hopefully I can improve the team.
It has been more fun than I planned.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »