Home

Why does EA have one big flaw each year?

This is a discussion on Why does EA have one big flaw each year? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2007, 03:36 PM   #57
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Why does EA have one big flaw each year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Just take KSTATE and you were nearly unbeatable with Roberson and Sproles.
Man I remember those days.....lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 08-05-2007, 03:49 PM   #58
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moshood
I would like to play a game without any turnovers once in a while instead of there being 4+ per game.
What football game pro or college have you seen where there was no turnovers in a game?
Old 08-05-2007, 03:55 PM   #59
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvb34
What football game pro or college have you seen where there was no turnovers in a game?
yeah that's a rarity for sure nowadays

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 08-05-2007, 04:30 PM   #60
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvb34
I think you're well aware that the point is that you'd rather see none than ten; combined turnover numbers like 1, 3, 5, 2, 1 instead of 5, 7, 9, 6, 4.

Michigan had 11 interceptions last season; Henne threw 8. I can see both of those numbers surpassed in about four games on 08.
Old 08-05-2007, 06:24 PM   #61
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by white guy
Turnovers and sacks are out of control on both sides. You can curtail the user picks some by only throwing to the flats, but at some point that gets boring. Between super LBs and safeties with world class range their are plenty of user picks that aren't user related. And the CPU manages to throw a ton more than should be, it almost impossible not to have 2 or 3 DBs on first team all america.

I like how people say the passing game is realistic but when you try to throw a lob you have to hope it throws a lob.

People defend EA way to much. They have no competition, except for Madden. So the game will be out every year well before the season so it sales don't get hurt by Madden. Don't expect god awful game killing problems to go away. But I'm sure the ESPN and weather channel features will improve.
Excellent point, which brings up something else that bothers me about this board...

ALL USER THROWN INT'S ARE NOT THE USERS FAULT

Case in point. My slot reciever runs a post over the middle. He dust of the cb (who takes the outside anyway, thus taking him out of the play) and i throw it to him over the middle. THe safety is there, but all my reciever has to do is keep running and he will get to the ball before the safety does ( I know it should happen because A. I've seen it and B. I use to actually do it myself in college ). But what ends up happening? My reciever just fades backwards and the safety steps up and intercepts the ball (the safety usually has to make a superhuman dive forward to pick it off, that's how far away he is from my reciever). In this instance I have made the perfect read, corner is taking away the outside so I am throwing inside, and the safety is to far away to recover in time) Real life: 15-25 yard completion. This game: intercepted roughly 60% of the time.

The angle plays with running backs out of the backfield also boggle my mind with this logic. My running back will be about 8 yards behind the linebacker but no matter what i do the lb makes a superhuman leap to pick it off. I can see one a game, but every time I do it???

I should have known something was up when I heard that EA took out direct passing. Why the hell would you want to take away control from the user?

However, at least play action isn't an automatic sack this year. The compute never falls for it, but...it's at least a start.

"The buckeyes play Akron, they play Kent State, I mean, they may win the MAC this year."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2007, 06:42 PM   #62
P2K
Banned

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
for example unless you had the top back in the game, Maurice Clarett if memory serves me right,

It wasn't Auburn's Ronnie Brown?

Get the heck outta here
Old 08-05-2007, 10:46 PM   #63
Pro

OVR: 7

this is why i simply will not get EA ncaa football games....not since 2004 anyway. i have rented or received ncaa games as gifts and played 2005, 2006, 2007, and every year there was a gamekillin glitch. it's just pathetic.
believe me, i WANT a EA ncca football game, but until EA releases a game without a gamekillin element, ain't gonna happen. 2004 still rocks in the ole Xbox though, so all is not lost.
GO BEARS

Cardinals suck
Old 08-05-2007, 10:58 PM   #64
MVP

Bill_Abner's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiCubs
2004 still rocks in the ole Xbox though, so all is not lost.
Actually, NCAA '07 on the old Xbox (not the 360) is a superb game, and better than NCAA 04 in (almost) every way. NCAA 04 is a classic game, but last year's Xbox game is gold star good.

Editor in Chief Gameshark.Com
http://www.gameshark.com

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »