Home

Why does EA have one big flaw each year?

This is a discussion on Why does EA have one big flaw each year? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2007, 10:35 PM   #1
Working for the weekend

Herky's Arena

OVR: 32
Why does EA have one big flaw each year?

The past 3 years EA has had one major flaw each year that ruin this game. Two years ago it was the drop bug, last year it was the FG bug, and this year it is the interception bug. All of these are 100% GAMEKILLERS and it's unreal how they let crap like this slip through the cracks. It really makes you wonder how much time they actually put into developing and testing this series when for three years straight, they have flaws that are downright silly to have. You'd think in the year 2007 EA would get their act together with it comes to NCAA. Think again.

Iowa Hawkeyes
Northern Iowa Panthers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Cubs
Minnesota Twins
Boston Celtics
Minnesota Timberwolves
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2007, 10:37 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: Why does EA have one big flaw each year?

It's realistic. You just gotta practice your passing game. I was horrible at first but I'm pretty good now.
Old 08-03-2007, 10:51 PM   #3
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30

Here we go again.

FOR THE LAST TIME: WHEN PEOPLE COMPLAIN ABOUT INT'S, 95% OF THE TIME THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT THE CPU THROWING THEM.

My god.
Old 08-03-2007, 10:53 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSU ILLEST
It's realistic. You just gotta practice your passing game. I was horrible at first but I'm pretty good now.
IT'S NOT THE USER, IT'S THE COMPUTER.

Most people acknowledge that thrown INTs are their fault, but the ******* AI of the computer ruins the game. Campus Legend as a WR or RB is virtually unplayable because of it. 5 games in, my 84 OVR QB has 17 INTs (I'm the running back).

In my dynasty, every starter in my back 7 is an All American. It's broked.
Old 08-03-2007, 11:02 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingFan4Ever
The past 3 years EA has had one major flaw each year that ruin this game. Two years ago it was the drop bug, last year it was the FG bug, and this year it is the interception bug. All of these are 100% GAMEKILLERS and it's unreal how they let crap like this slip through the cracks. It really makes you wonder how much time they actually put into developing and testing this series when for three years straight, they have flaws that are downright silly to have. You'd think in the year 2007 EA would get their act together with it comes to NCAA. Think again.
You wanna know why?? Why force yourself when there is no competition??

That said, I love this year's game, if you don't then play something else so 90% of the threads aren't whining.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2007, 11:13 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

You act like these are just simple bugs, and they can just flip a switch and the cpu qb ai will go from bad to good. All games have flaws, there isn't time to tweak everything so it's absolutely perfect, and even if there was, not everybody has the same experience.

Personally, I haven't seen any problem with too many interceptions this year. Too many fumbles yes, but I'm not picking off too many passes. I didn't think the field goal problem was even close to a game killer last year. And I don't remember any drop problem in 06, 05 I remember a drop problem, and that was probably the 5th biggest problem with that terrible game.
Old 08-03-2007, 11:34 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

That said, I love this year's game, if you don't then play something else so 90% of the threads aren't whining.[/quote]

The problem is exclusivity. I don't know what the solution is.
That being said, just a few hours ago I saw some highlights on a little college football preview on espnnews, and I was sad that I didn't have a decent game to play this year.

Maybe I am too picky, but the products being put out by the sports video game industry, not just ea, are not impressive at all and are preventing me from buying a next gen system. The only game I have liked at all in the past few years is The Show, and I am still messing around trying to get gameplay to a level I feel comfortable starting a franchise with.

I say, the more whining the better.
Old 08-03-2007, 11:35 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 8

I would like to play a game without any turnovers once in a while instead of there being 4+ per game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »